• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

ETA Bobcat 930 review

S

s6275

Hi there. I am building up a 930SPX, and while I am waiting on a stock and trap barrel from Mossberg, I figured I might as well wrap up my forend mods, which included an S&J extension/ bayonet mount kit, S&J high-visibility follower, and the ETA Bobcat 930.

The S&J mods are awesome, but unfortunately I can't say the same of the ETA Bobcat. It arrived in a "true mil-spec type III hard coat" black, but it is CONSIDERABLY glossier than the other parts on the 930SPX, or for that matter, anything else I have that is mil-spec type III anodized. The prep work is terrible, and it is clear, across the WHOLE part, that it was anodized over scratches, which can still be seen in spite of the coating. I emailed them, and this was the response:

"I am sorry that the product did not meet your expectations.

It is the correct anodize. The difference in appearance is due to a new process in how the material surface was prepped before it was coated. We switched from sand blast to glass bead which resulted in the glossier finish.

If you wish to return the rail, you will receive a refund of the rail price."

In other words, until and unless you can get them to tell you they have switched back to sandblasting, there's no reason to believe that you'll get anything different than what I received, so buyer beware with this part (for now).

I'm sorry to hear that. I have both the Bobcat forend and the Rhino rail, which I ordered back in May. The finish on both is absolutely flawless and matches my SPX perfectly.

I considered that...but I wouldn't want to accidentally take it all the way down to aluminum on the edges of the rails...and if I can get an AimPro here, this Bobcat is going back to them.

Back