• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Excalibur Phoenix

MikeD

I'm Your Huckleberry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
I just took delivery of a "new to me" Excalibur Phoenix!!!

ExcaliburPhoenix_zpsa1d97504.jpg

Can't wait to get it together and try it out.

I find it amusing that I had it shipped from Canada and it was packed in a Marlin box. LOL

That's a good looking Xbow.

John A. said:
That's a good looking Xbow.

Excalibur makes a really nice bow, but they are pricy to buy new. I wanted on of these when I bought my Barnett last year but it cost twice as much. I'm become cheap* when it comes to equipment. I won't buy the latest and greatest, but I'll buy someone else's latest and greatest from a few years back when they upgrade. :lol:

* By cheap I don't mean I prefer crap, just great deals on good stuff. ;-D Fortunately with guns and bows there has not been any new technology in the last umpteen years that makes older stuff obsolete, despite what the marketing folks tell you.

That's really the truth Mike.

I've seen several "new" calibers in the last several years that were gaining popularity for a while, but seem to be losing ground.

RAR30 and 300 AAC blackout to name two, though to be fair, the blackout has been around for a long time under various names with minor changes mainly because there was no SAAMI standardization until Cerberus/Remington/AAC got behind it. I have heard it called many things.

That latter may be around longer with better ammo availability and their intense marketing strategies, but from the promises that Robert Silvers made about mass availability simply did not hold true for various reasons.

Even a year before the school shooting, commercial availability for it was more in very limited spurts rather than "readily available almost everywhere guns are sold" which has put off a lot of people who don't handload for it.

But back on the subject, I'm glad you got the bow. I'm looking forward to hearing a range report. Lately my youngest son and I have been alternating between an old longbow and a youth compound playing around in the back yard.

Admittedly, I have very limited experience in the archery field, though my oldest son placed 3rd overall in the state for Freshmen High School several years back when they had an archery program.

He has a lot more time behind one than I do. All I can do is decipher a few specs and cover the basics LOL

I actually got to sight her in over the weekend. Sorry I didn't get any pics as I was under a time constraint due to intermittent downpours. I had to shoot quick when I could.

It's a smooth shooting bow. Had no problem hitting a half dollar sized spot at 20 and 30 and easily kept it in a 2" circle at 40 yards. This was shooting off a rest and using an older red dot scope. I can't imagine what this thing will do when I can afford to update the optics and trigger.

I love my Barnett and never understood what everyone kept telling me to try an Excalibur. Now I know.

I'll try to get some pics of the assembled bow up as soon as I can make it home in the daylight. We're loosing daylight earlier and earlier each night, fall is here.

Glad to see you're enjoying the new rig.

I know what you mean about loosing light. We're on central time here, but are right on the edge of the eastern zone. As soon as the time changes over, it'll be pitch dark at 4:30pm here. It sucks...

Back