• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Exotic Ammo Collection

Re: Any Ammo Collectors?

Ok..i'll keep an eyeball out for ya's....

Yea, same here...but thanks all the same ripjack13 !!

My little window sill collection. Between me and 2 partners at work we have all these fire arms and some we haven’t brought in yet
100_1027.jpg

From left to right
12ga slug
12ga 00B
10ga 3 1/3 mag
338 projo
22lr
9mm Luger
45 acp
357 mag
30 carbine
223 x3 weights
25-35 win
32-40
30-30 win
243 win
6mm rem
303 british
25-06 rem
30-06 spring
264 win mag
338 win mag
300 win mag
338 win mag super
300 H&H mag

dam prettyawesome picture, any one know if they still sell the old flying ashtray ammo or what has replaced it.

oli700 said:
EAINC said:
old flying ashtray ammo .
havent heard if it, what is it ?

That's the old 200gr Speer 45ACP ammo that had a huge gaping hollow point on it. Didn't feed well in a lot of the pistols back in the day without having work done to them. I tested some a while back and suprisingly they really didn't expand very well, at least the lot I had didn't.

Wolfgang

I have heard that it was heard replaced by a different ammo if so what is it or if anyone still has the old ammo and would like to help a collector out haha

Thanks ripjack just put in an order, please let me jnow what else you find.

no pb...i'll check on that 45 acp IQ aguilla ammo tomorrow....
it's been a long day for me...i love my job!

Nothing like soing a job you love. Just seen your location love it. Always wanted to check out a cabelas, the nearst one to me is in Glendale AZ. About a 5 & 1/2 hour drive fom me.

Wow, what a crazy but marvelous idea for a collection! I think I can say this is one thing my husband has never done... but it would be cool to start one up for each of my boys!

Then I would guess 4 separate collections would be impossible. Lol. But still a cool idea and maybe I can start one collection at least....slowly though. ;)

Newest additions to my .45acp exotic ammo collection:

============================

FireQuest Tracer Rounds

http://www.firequest.com/TRA-45.html

FireQuest45acpTracers-1.jpg

=============================

FireQuest Flares

http://www.firequest.com/HV45G.html

FireQuest45acpFlares-1.jpg

=============================

Not anything really practical, but something different for the collection. I put a few round of each in my bug-out bag...the tracers would be good when shooting in low light at distance to verify where the rounds are hitting and the flares may be good as a signal device in a pinch.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I'm not sure how rare these are...but I have yet to come across them again in "+P+". I know Ranger SXT replaced the "Black Talon"

IMG_4474.jpg

=====================================================

Good round...not too hard to find...expensive tho !!

======================================================

http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/product_i ... point-ammo

=======================================================

9mm Winchester Ranger Talon 127gr. +P+ Hollow Point Ammo. This ammo contains the 3rd generation of the Black Talon bullet. It is basically the same bullet as the original Black Talon, except for that it is not black, which was a Lubaloy coating. This ammo still has the reverse taper bullet and expands out the talon petals upon impact. When the Talon petals expand out they are as sharp as a razor. It is still considered by many the most deadly ammo you can get.

It comes packed in 50rd boxes, 500rds. per case. $33 a box [RA9TA]

=======================================================

Back