1. Thank you Mossberg Owners for making us the greatest Gun forum on the planet.

Extended Mag Release MVP 223/556

Discussion in 'Crosshair Precision' started by Robert Lynch, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Robert Lynch

Robert Lynch Sponsor Sponsor Elite

Hi MVP shooters, this extended mag release is for the MVP line up in 223/556 caliber. Its a drop in part that requires minimal time, but does require you to remove your action. These are made from 6061 T6 aluminum. They have a black anodized finish then a Mil spec hard coating over that. All of our parts are made in the USA and will stay that way. If you are interested in this part please send me a pm. These are 45 dollars shipped to your door in the US. I can ship out as well and can give shipping quotes.

018.JPG 003.JPG
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
    skbbm1 and DHonovich like this.
  2. DHonovich

DHonovich Founder Staff Member Administrator Sponsor "Philanthropist"

Looks like a great quality piece for the MVP!
  3. Robert Lynch

Robert Lynch Sponsor Sponsor Elite

Thank you Dan, they work like a charm.

Rob
  4. DHonovich

The factory one is nearly impossible to work with a set of gloves on.
    Robert Lynch likes this.
  5. mbacon

mbacon Copper BB

Hello Dan,
    You hit the nail right on the head. That was one of my concerns when I designed this part. Many of the people Rob and I spoke with were hunters in the northern parts of the country who shoot with gloves on. They expressed a desire to have an extended magazine release that would make their lives a little easier and we delivered. I'm very proud of the way this part works and the overall "tacti-cool" look it gives the MVP.

Michael Bacon
    Crosshair Precision, LLC
  6. DHonovich

This piece is one of the main reasons why I now can consider the MVP as a hunting rifle in NY.
    Robert Lynch likes this.
  7. mbacon

mbacon Copper BB

Really? That's awesome, Dan.
  8. DHonovich

I just couldn't see hunting with the rifle where I had to take my gloves off every time I had to pop the magazine out. Here in NY it gets pretty cold in the winter and when we are out coyote hunting I drive miles and miles on a 4 wheeler and stop every so often to try an call in some yotes. Each time I get back on the quad I unload the rifle for safe travel so it gets really annoying to have to pull my gloves off each time. I know I am being a princess about it but there are plenty of other guns in the safe where my gloves stay on the whole time.
  9. mbacon

mbacon Copper BB

I know what you mean about that cold air on your hands. I had the pleasure of bagging my first pronghorn out in Montana. I was about 30 minutes from the Canadian border, and the weather was looking like snow was about to fall at any minute for most of my hunt. Fortunately for me, that didn't happen until I was actually on my way to the local airport to fly home, and it came down in buckets. There's nothing like waking up at the crack of dawn to go hunting and it's already in the low teens (or lower) outside!
    DHonovich likes this.
  10. lew12b

lew12b Copper BB

when you have the mag release for 7.62 in black i will buy one..thanks
  11. skbbm1

skbbm1 Copper BB

Hi, how can I order one for my MVP?
  12. skbbm1

skbbm1 Copper BB

hello,
    Do you know where/how I can get one of these for my MVP? I'd like to order one ASAP.
    Thanks, Steve
  13. zzrguy

zzrguy .410

These guys still around? I want a mag release.
  14. madmike26120

madmike26120 .22LR

Unknown,but if you get through to them or anyone else appreciate it if you let me know.I need on for the 308 MVP Patrol.