• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Extended magazine tube question

terminator2

Copper BB
I have a 930 turkey 24" model and put a nordic +5 extension w/clamp and a new Wolff spring. I read some where that when tightening the extension tube to the mag tube to leave it slightly loose to help ensure that the follower and spring don't bind at the junction. If that is correct, should the clamp also be slightly loose?
I've had occasional failure for a shell to load onto the carrier and was wondering if allowing this loosens is a good idea . I was using federal tactical 00 buck when the failure to feed occurred.

You could always try to chamfer the edges of the mag tube and the extension if you believe they are not the same diameter.

Or, use a pair of calipers and check to see if one is more narrow than the other. Then chamfer that leading edge.

chamfered and polished the mag tube but the junction for the extention tube is inaccessible to use calipers for a measurement as the nut on the extension tube won't come off. I don't know if mine was pressed on the tube, but it won't budge. Also, when I slide the steel follower down the empty tube/extention combo, you can hear the follower bump when it hits the transition point and then falls into position. I don't know if this is of any concern or not seeing the spring would normally be pushing it under normal conditions.

Thanks Rob72 for the suggestion. I was able to remove the nut from the tube with the help of a torch, so now ill try some more chamfer and polishing and see if that does the trick.

Back