• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Extended Magazine Woes

Dave_L_52

Copper BB
Hi Everyone! This is my first post, as I just joined today. I purchased a 308 Patriot a couple of years ago and love it. Fun to shoot. My only complaint was the small 5 rd magazine. I scoured the internet and found this: https://magsupplyusa.com/mossberg-p...-detachable-magazine-standard-action-308-win/ . I was so happy. I ordered one and took it and my Patriot to the indoor range. Sadly, after firing off 2 rounds, the bottom of the magazine flew off, with bottom plate, spring, cartridges and follower falling at my feet. The little tab that keeps the bottom plate from sliding forward had broken off. It was the only time I got to use it.
Later, I super-glued the bottom to the magazine body, and it was never going to come off again. I was going to try it again yesterday and loaded it up. My cat knocked it over on its side and all the cartridges flew out.
The little tabs that hold the cartridges down broke off, and were curled up (see photo)
Just wanted to share and say, buyer beware!
Cheers.....

Attachments

• IMG_1998.jpg
    IMG_1998.jpg
    272.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1999.jpg
    IMG_1999.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Dave, welcome to the forum. Hopefully someone who has a simular rifle can help you with other options.

I would certainly contact the supplier regarding the quality of the product they are selling.

Regards

Not surprised that it broke. It's 3D printed and the layer direction is the worse possible way. The spring tension is basically trying to rip the layers apart on both the base and mag body. It should have been printed laying on its side or front/back for better strength. Even better yet, they should have printed it out of resin instead of extrusion printing.

Not surprised that it broke. It's 3D printed and the layer direction is the worse possible way. The spring tension is basically trying to rip the layers apart on both the base and mag body. It should have been printed laying on its side or front/back for better strength. Even better yet, they should have printed it out of resin instead of extrusion printing.

There's a man who obviously knows his shit.

Dave (my name too),

Welcome to the forum Shame that your first thread was describing a disappointment.

Hi Everyone! This is my first post, as I just joined today. I purchased a 308 Patriot a couple of years ago and love it. Fun to shoot. My only complaint was the small 5 rd magazine. I scoured the internet and found this: https://magsupplyusa.com/mossberg-p...-detachable-magazine-standard-action-308-win/ . I was so happy. I ordered one and took it and my Patriot to the indoor range. Sadly, after firing off 2 rounds, the bottom of the magazine flew off, with bottom plate, spring, cartridges and follower falling at my feet. The little tab that keeps the bottom plate from sliding forward had broken off. It was the only time I got to use it.
Later, I super-glued the bottom to the magazine body, and it was never going to come off again. I was going to try it again yesterday and loaded it up. My cat knocked it over on its side and all the cartridges flew out.
The little tabs that hold the cartridges down broke off, and were curled up (see photo)
Just wanted to share and say, buyer beware!
Cheers.....
Thanks for the replies. Good advice. I left a comment on their website. No reply :)

Back