• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Factory scope mounts.

Tim433

I know the patriot comes with scope mounts factory installed. My question is, are they worth keeping and using? This is my first bolt rifle and my first scoped firearm. I'll be getting a $50 rebate from Leupold so weaver rings or new rings/bases won't be an issue. Thanks in advance.

I'm was either going to pick up the Leupold weaver rings or, if the included mounts aren't worth it, a Leupold Standard Dual Dovetail set-up.

Yes, I was thinking a set-up just like that if I need to replace the weaver bases that come factory installed. If the included bases are ok, I will just get a set of these for the time being.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    724.7 KB · Views: 16
I kept the factory bases (made sure to torque them myself, many leave the factory loose) and bought Burris zee rings (med). I like the set up

I agree, definitely check the torque of the bases whichever way you go.

I ended up keeping by the factory bases and also grabbed Burris Zee rings. Could find the Leupold rings I wanted. I'm happy with the set-up and really excited to get to the range.

I like those a lot, and the weaver bases give some flexibility with mounting.

Back