• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Fall cleanup

MikeD

I'm Your Huckleberry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
I haven't raked in years, my tactic is to blow everything way from the house and repeatedly run them over with the mower until there is nothing left. It works amazingly well as long as the leaves are pretty dry.

I can't explain why but I gain much pleasure from spending a couple hours just driving the mower in circles around my yard watching the leaves disappear.

I'll have to hit it again and clean the gutters after everything is down but I think I got around 75-80% of them last night.

Anyone else have any tips for making the job easier?

Make sure you have a beer while doing it...also get a knob for the steering wheel. It makes it so much easier to mow while sipping some good oktoberfest...

One spray can, some gasoline and a book of matches? I hate having to clean up leaves, especially if they come from the neighbor's trees...

Seriously. Make an attachment to go on the chute side out of some metal. It will block the grass and leaves...that way it gets mulched up in the deck. My pops made one that slid right in the post holes out of mesh/extuded steel.

ripjack13 said:
Seriously. Make an attachment to go on the chute side out of some metal. It will block the grass and leaves...that way it gets mulched up in the deck. My pops made one that slid right in the post holes out of mesh/extuded steel.

Some of the piles come over the hood of the tractor :D A few times I pop the clutch to "jump on top" of the mounds. I almost stall it it several times now because I have too much stuff caught underneath the deck. I actually removed the chute and small bar to make stuff flow easier. This might work after I get it down a bit though.

My neighbors must think I'm nuts. :lol: :lol:

Before I got a bagger mower I used to do circles around everything. The chutes on the right side so I would turn left around trees the jeep. The house. The firepit. My wife couldn't understand what I was doing. She thought I was fantasizing about NASCAR. However once I showed/explained it to her, she wanted to try it.....cuz it looked like I was having too much fun....

Back