• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Fall/winter garden?

GunnyGene

Racist old man
BANNED
Anybody planting for fall/winter? I put in a small auxiliary patch and planted kale and garlic. Love kale for soups, etc. and garlic keeps the vampires away. ;) Both are good for cardio health, and general body.

Only thing we could plant is wheat. It goes dormant during the cold months. Seeds wont sprout till spring.

We have most of our plants in the ground now for the winter ... 30 lettuce (4-5 different types), kale, snap peas, broccoli, carrots, several different herbs, etc... we eat the rabbit stuff in the winter here in Phoenix.

Spring is when we have lots of fun with grapes, blueberries, zucchini, many tomato plants, etc... I love the spring harvest.

Winter here only 30 days a year, it alternates between Spring and Fall the other 335....

Might try to get something in the ground this year....

Things not only upside down but right out of step with most of you. Last weekend October signals start of summer garden. Got my beans, peas and tomatoes in, will get the rest in this weekend if I do not get dragged of to do other things. Not too sure of just how this summer will go, ground is very dry, despite a lot of rain, due to strong winds. Just have to hope well holds out as it failed last year and the garden suffered, house was alright as we are on tank supply and are conservative in our water usage.

Back