• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Fear The Walking Dead... (SPOILERS INSIDE!)

Nah... I gave it, its fair shake. That series was balls deep in garbage. Next week bring back some hard core stuff with the original. Rick goin on a power trip.

Nah... I gave it, its fair shake. That series was balls deep in garbage. Next week bring back some hard core stuff with the original. Rick goin on a power trip.

I like Zombies and the DVR is already set to record the series. When next season starts it will automatically be there.
So I will keep watching till it really bores me.
Probably wont happen....did I mention, I like Zombies? :)

I'm interested to see what the next season brings. I know a lot of people don't like the show, and I guess I thought it could be better, too. With the boat angle, it really reminded me of World War Z. Not the crappy movie, but the awesome book. The book was a thousand times better than the movie. I highly recommend it. In the book, zombies don't swim, but can walk along the seafloor. At the end of the finale, when the helicopter took the shot of the ocean, I kept thinking of WWZ where zombies were starting to walk out of the water. I could totally see that happening when the try to get to the boat.

I'm gonna make a bold prediction... next season will either A) not happen or B) be hot garbage.

I'm gonna make a bold prediction... next season will either A) not happen or B) be hot garbage.

Gonna have to be option B, they've already begun filming season 2.

If you look at the rating stats, viewership dropped steadily each week. The total number of viewers for the last episode was half of the number for episode one...

Gonna have to be option B, they've already begun filming season 2.

If you look at the rating stats, viewership dropped steadily each week. The total number of viewers for the last episode was half of the number for episode one...
So they started filming in a refuse plant.... nice.

Their characters blew chunks, meth head is a complete waste, daddy o is a little girl trapped in a idiot's body, his son has wanna be tough guy but keeps getting stomped out because he's mainly metro.

The only reason they are alive, is because the ex-torturer was executing a game plan basically on his own. They just coasted on his coat tails.

Wanna get me interested? Have the barber prison shank the father for being the key component to why his daughter got shot. Episode 1, Season 2 - El Muerte

I KNEW I had seen the barber (Ruben Blades) before! Predator 2 (1990) and he gets offed fairly early in the movie...

View attachment 9393

Yup, his character's name was Bennie I believe.

Was reading up on him and Mr. Blades is a complex individual. Aside from being an actor he's also a multi Grammy award winning Salsa and Latin jazz songwriter, singer, and musician. He has two law degrees, one from the University of Panama and the other from Harvard. At one point he ran for the presidency of Panama but lost and was later elected the minister of tourism in Panama. Dude stays busy...

I can appreciate @Water Monkey's sentiments. I have to admit I'm not that far off his assessment myself.

I really hoped it would be better than it was and we'd see some serious background on the outbreak. What we have so far is a point of view like TWD...mostly a first person look. I was really hoping to see a multi-faceted approach to giving us the nitty gritty details from a CDC, military, news broadcast kind of build-up. Giving us a bigger picture of how it all went so wrong.

The characters with the exception of the barbarous barber...are quite uninteresting. My wife wrote it off on episode 2. I've been hanging in hoping it would get better. Last episode was better, but apart from a different cast, different location and a modified story line...it's really a lame TWD west coast and it's not done very well.

I hope they do better next season but if it doesn't improve...I won't be watching past the season opener next time around.

I'm quite disappointed. I was really stoked for this series.

I've been hanging in hoping it would get better. Last episode was better, but apart from a different cast, different location and a modified story line...it's really a lame TWD west coast and it's not done very well.

I hope they do better next season but if it doesn't improve...I won't be watching past the season opener next time around.

I'm quite disappointed. I was really stoked for this series.

Same here...I really really wanted it to be good.

I am still gonna watch, but I did, like the rest of you expect more on WHY.
No type of explanation sucks.
The character development was much better on TWD because we got that while they were killing Walkers.
The character development here is more like a soap opera. Slow and not enough zombies.

It was easier to do that on TWD.

We got small doses of back story integrated into the action. With FTWD, we start with the back story and the good stuff is somewhere down the road. We start off from square one with the bar set extremely high, expecting a lot out of the show rather than just tuning in to see what happens. I do believe all the answers we're looking for are coming. They just don't want to give them all up in the first six episodes...

It was easier to do that on TWD.

We got small doses of back story integrated into the action. With FTWD, we start with the back story and the good stuff is somewhere down the road. We start off from square one with the bar set extremely high, expecting a lot out of the show rather than just tuning in to see what happens. I do believe all the answers we're looking for are coming. They just don't want to give them all up in the first six episodes...
I totally get where you're coming from and that makes sense...just seems like we keep skipping the part about WTF happened?!?

I hate to draw a comparison (I really do but I'm being polite;)), but in say a movie like I Am Legend...they gave some good newsreel backstory, massive evac scenes to set the premise not too far in and then built the hype. I know we already know the hype here...so I'm not sure how they plan to get around it. Maybe more detailed flashback scenes?? Dunno. I do truly hope they introduce some seriously interesting characters soon...Cuz most of these ones lick puppy bums...jus sayin

In 'I Am Legend' the story centers around one man's struggle dealing with the aftermath of the outbreak, just like the first few episodes of TWD when Rick wakes up in the hospital alone. The back story is filled in some during the opening and along the way, mixed in with the action. In FTWD the back story is the rather mundane day to day life and drama of a moderately dysfunctional blended family. That's not exciting or any different than any other show on TV. All hell breaks loose and then we'll start getting to the good stuff. The how and why is the biggest secret in the entire 'Walking Dead' franchise. They're not gonna give it up without stretching it out as long as possible. Unanswered questions are part of what keep viewers tuning in for more. I have a feeling we're not done seeing the military presence, more military doctors, etc...

In 'I Am Legend' the story centers around one man's struggle dealing with the aftermath of the outbreak, just like the first few episodes of TWD when Rick wakes up in the hospital alone. The back story is filled in some during the opening and along the way, mixed in with the action. In FTWD the back story is the rather mundane day to day life and drama of a moderately dysfunctional blended family. That's not exciting or any different than any other show on TV. All hell breaks loose and then we'll start getting to the good stuff. The how and why is the biggest secret in the entire 'Walking Dead' franchise. They're not gonna give it up without stretching it out as long as possible. Unanswered questions are part of what keep viewers tuning in for more. I have a feeling we're not done seeing the military presence, more military doctors, etc...
You do marketing for a living don't you??? LOL!!!

Back