• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Federal LE133, 132, 127 hard to find?

Mudinyeri

20g
"Philanthropist"
Is anyone else having a hard time finding the Federal LE 00 Buck ammo? None of my usual suppliers seem to have much, if any, in stock.

Looks like SGAmmo has 1 box of 50 of the 13300 00 buck 8 pellet. I will look at cheaper than dirt as well, but I am sure you have already done so. Let us know if you find any, may want to order some more. I just got back from Walmart after buying some Win. .22 for 18.50 for a 555 box. They also had fed 12 ga 7.5 or 8 shot bulk packs of 250 for about 55 dollars, but I did not need any so I just got the .22 for my new GSG 1911 getting out of jail next Tues.

I contacted Sam at SGAmmo and he had a case that wasn't listed on the site. I bought that from him. He said Federal (the ammo company, not the government) is forcing their dealers to drop-ship any LE-designated ammo to law enforcement units only. They can only stock a very small amount available for purchase online.

I'm going to buy some Hornady TAP 00 Buck. They utilize the same wad as the Federal FliteControl. Hornady's a Nebraska company so I'd rather give them my money than Federal (assuming the load provides similar performance) who seems to be creating an artificial shortage.
icon_evil.gif

Yeah man, we use the Hornady TAP too! Im not sure why, but it is as tight as the Federal, we still like it though! I have video of Allison sitting, firing the 500 Persuader with a red dot sight breaking individual clays between 7 and 10 yards with the Hornady!

In fact Toby, heres a pic of my ten yard pattern with the Hornady TAP! Oh, and I can get the part # if you need it! This is the VersaTite low recoil sold in 10 round boxes that are red with a black "TAP" shield.

Attachments

• Hornady_TAP_LE_10_yard_target01.JPG
    Hornady_TAP_LE_10_yard_target01.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 340
This is the blue hull stuff, right? I cannot find it locally. Shipping for small amounts is crazy! I found a place where I can buy a case of 250 rounds for $155.00 - which isn't bad - but shipping is another $28+. I really only wanted a small amount for testing but it looks like it holds together pretty well - almost as well as the Federal LE FliteControl.

Yep, this is the blue hull! It is decent stuf, and its a close second for me. The biggest difference I get between this and the Federal FC low recoil is individual pellets at 10 yards rather than a hole. A Single, Solitary, Hole.

I used to find the Hornady on AmmunitionToGo for $7 per 10. I like it enough I would spend the $183 for 250 rounds. Allison would love that too!

Heres the box of the Hornady;

100_5152Medium.jpg

Heck, nothin wrong with the LE133!

Back