• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Feeding Issue. Right Ramp Only

Go figure… Ive put appox 50 rounds down range and now I am getting feed issues. Tried different mags, different ammo. If I have a round ready that will go up the left ramp it works fine until the right side round is called upon to go into the chamber. The round gets partially up the ramp and the bolt hits the case in the side of the brass making a huge dent (round becomes worthless since it would jam in the chamber). Remove the mag, extract the dented round and try again. Also, I seem to have an issue with any mag other than the 5 rounder that came with the Hunter. I don't have clue why larger cap mags will not allow the bolt assy to strip of another round.

Any suggestions?

Hi, I have no suggestions to offer at all and am curious if you sorted this out. Must be frustrating!

I have about 600 rounds in my MMR with not a single failure to feed, fire, or eject. Welllll......that doesn't count the time I tried to chamber a round with the chamber flag still in the gun :rolleyes:

FYI - first 80 rounds through the gun were Winchester 5.56 x 45 jacketed frangible and the next 500 or so American Eagle 5.56 x 45 XM193 FMJ. I use only 30 round Mags including the one that came with the rifle, a couple of ASC metal, and a bunch of Magpul Gen 2 plastic. I do shoot my gun on the wet side and I use grease on the bolt carrier rails. Not sure if any of that helps, but there you have it.

Good luck, let us know how you make out!

Mike

Thanks for the info….. I had to call Mossberg Service Dept and send the firearm back in for repairs. Before I sent it back I did a total inspection of all points and found two points that would cause this issue. First the right ramp had a metal burr on the ramp, some polishing took care of that issue, however the second issue was that the barrel was loose and moves around in the upper assy. So MSD has now ordered an upper and will replace it once the parts arrive from Connecticut. I hope it doesn't take to long, I have a hunting trip scheduled for mid April and would like to get some trigger time.

Glad you got it sorted out! That's good info....if I ever have issues like that I'll know a couple of things to check out. Thanks and good luck with your hunting trip!

Mike

Back