• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Fiber Optic Sights

The rifled sights on the rifled barrel are Williams sights. They have a fiber replacement called Fire Sights. Perfect replacement. Think I got mine for $36 from MidwayUsa. Were very easy to install. the forward sight needed a little bit of gentle persuasion with the aid of a small punch and hammer to loosen. The new ones went in with no problem. See my pictures on page 2 of this post.

Yup! Youre right Nasa, I'm lookin at those now!

This is the;
Williams Shotgun Firesight for Mossberg

66370MOSS500SET.jpg

MikeD said:
Williams Fire Sights on my 500C
500c_firesightsd_001.jpg

500c_firesightsd_002.jpg

I really like the fire sights. I just orderred another set for my 870. Also like that I only live a few Miles from Williams Gun Sight. :-D

Went ahead and ordered a set of Truglo Thru-Point Turkey Sights from MidwayUSA along with some more Blue Wonder gun blue, cleaner and a few more boxes of Hornady SST babots. Love the Fire sights on my 835. Since I ordered the ammo too, I don't expect the shipment before next weekend.

Kahyne, My daughter uses the TruGlo that is very similar to the first one you linked. Its easy to use and we love it! She got her first quail ever with it this past season!

The second def looks like it could work for HD!

Sure thing, I hope it helps and youre able to find somethin that meets your needs!

Thats the first time I've seen that. I personally wouldnt be real crazy about it goin on with an adhesive strip.

It may have some merrit, its possible I suppose.

Mossberg 590 Front Sight

Hi Guys,

I am looking to replace the front bead sight of my 590 with a fibre optic sight, is there available any direct replacement for this solution? I would prefer just unscrew the front bead sight and screw back a fibre optic front sight without having to go to the gunsmith for installation. I don't know if anything similar exists but I thought to post this question anyway maybe some of you know about a solution.

Thanks guys.

Re: Mossberg 590 Front Sight

There are quite a few options like what Vit posted above. You'll be lookin for a 5/40 thread.

In the event it wont tighten down lined up with the barrel, you can use a small O ring and blue loctite if needed.

There are a number of folks who make an FO bead, and you may find more info or get more response in the Optics section. If you like, I'll move this post over there. Theres a subsection dedicated to FO sights even! ;)

Re: Mossberg 590 Front Sight

damn you're fast :)

I need some more free time to browse through this whole forum. Rossignol, can you move the thread? maybe I'll get a couple of further options even though I'm considering going for the one mentioned by Vitsports6

Back