• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Fiber Optic Sights

I got this Tru-Glo DotII in the mail today.

p1464723068-3.jpg

I know it's already been shown in this thread, but I'm absolutely blown away by how they look in the daylight.........and amazed at how long it provided a visible image as the night-time drew closer and closer. Of course, in total darkness, they are useless. But I'm amazed at how very little light it takes to give you a very clear picture of your target. I plan on using this sight on my 18 1/2" barrel...............if it ever gets shipped!! :(

I've got a Marlin 1895 in 45-70 that I can no longer see the iron sights on. I'm thinking these TruGlo sights might work pretty well for that firearm.

Love it. Cool firearm. Has presentation grade walnut furniture. Have to admit, though..............I've had it since 1996 and have shot less than a box of shells. Shame on me! :oops:

Actually, the only "thump" is the intimidating look of the round itself! It's not anything like a 12g, or a 6.5x55 Swedish. It "pushes" rather than kicks. Hard to explain..............it's sort of a long "whoooooosh! And it's fun to see a cinder block disintegrate 150 yards out. One of those firearms you buy because it "talks" to you from the display case................but you really have no use for and ends up in the safe. :oops:

Dangit! Talk about compulsive! I just ordered the TruGlo sights for my Marlin 1895. :roll: Think they'll be a great improvement. Don't know if that will make me shoot it more than I have, but it's worth a try! :lol: Besides I think I'll like the "WOW" factor. ;)

New sights for my 1895 just came in and I just got them installed. DANG THESE ARE BRIGHT!!!!! Couldn't be happier. Now maybe I can see to hit the target! :lol:

Just a followup: I went out in the back yard this evening when the light was barely comfortable for reading of a newspaper page. The TrueGlo sights on my 1895 Marlin were very visible...........certainly enough for hunting. I'm very pleased. I'll get a picture on the forum as soon as I have the time.

Anyone have any fiber/front site suggestions for the standoff barrel? I know there are several out there... but I'm just wanting to know if anyone has actually used one on this barrel so I know for sure what will work. Thanks.

Semper Fi

I liked the fiber optic sights on my Mossie 500 so much I bought a set for my 1895 Marlin. 75 yards, off-hand, fiber optic sights, 3 9/16" group.................oh yeah, .45/70 Gov't. I couldn't believe how much these improved my ability to see the sights and make the shot. I'll be putting them on most of my firearms.

p1524596668-4.jpg

Any thoughts on either of these front sights. I'm looking to replace the small front bead on my 500A.
Will be using it for HD when scope is off. Getting old the sight isn't what is used to be. They are both HIVIZ.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 116930.jpg
    116930.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 388
  • 849386.jpg
    849386.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 388
Back