• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Fienstein to introduce Assault Weapon Ban

I still cannot find anything listed, but I did get an GOA email alert and here is a few excerpts:

McCain may be working to stab us in the back

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid is still trying to rig the Senate rules so that President Barack Obama can get his anti-gun and anti-Constitution agenda passed.

A quick look at Feinstein’s semi-auto ban legislation suggests that up to 75% of all handguns currently in circulation would be banned, along with as much as 50% of all long guns.

Depending on its configuration, the AR-15 you already have would probably be treated like a machine gun.

GOA working with Senator Rand Paul to preserve the filibuster

McCain was irritated at Kentucky Senator Rand Paul,

McCain is now working with Leftist anti-gun Senator Carl Levin on a series of rules changes to make gun control a lot easier to pass.

The first McCain-Levin rules change would make it impossible to fight -- what's known in Washington as -- the "motion to proceed."

The second McCain-Levin rules change would make it easier to add gun control to a bill in conference. Currently, senators can block a House-Senate conference from considering an anti-gun bill. But if the McCain proposals are adopted, a "must-pass" bill could be sent to conference ... amended in conference with a draconian gun ban ... and then sent back to the House and the Senate on a take-it-or-leave-it basis.

McCain will try to tell you that that inserting a gun ban into a bill that is sitting in a House-Senate conference would be outside the “scope of conference.” But that would be a lie, because as any Senator knows, "scope of conference” rules are never followed.

Thanks John. I have been looking today too, waiting for the hammer to drop.

Thanks for keeping your eyes open and keeping everyone here aware John!!

It's been another busy day here in Illinois, with us once again facing down a Chicago-born gun ban frenzy. This time the Bills are coming out of the House instead of the Senate even though the goal and even wording is pretty much the same. They are trying everything they can to force something through before the Lame-Duck session ends next week and as far as we can tell they are going with the "Throw everything at the wall and see what sticks" method. They shouldn't be able to get anything through the House either but it is hard telling with the amount of arm-twisting and bribery the clowns from up North are willing to use. Just hope they realize that the time they are burning trying to pass hopeless Bills means less time on the clock for crafting an approvable CCW Bill.......After the 180 days from the Appellate Court decision expires Illinois goes Constitutional Carry and they are SOL. :)

On the national level, I know most of you are waiting and watching for a huge weapons Bill to be presented......But after seeing the tactic that the Chicago machine is using here, I think the same plan will be used in D.C. Instead of one big Bill I think we will see MULTIPLE smaller Bills.....splitting things into smaller groups that they think would be more likely to pass on their own. Look for a seperate "Assault Rifle" Bill, a seperate high-cap magazine Bill, a seperate Semi-auto firearm Bill and an individual handgun Bill. Doing it this way allows them to use some Bills as bargaining chips for others and makes fighting them a longer, more drawn out process. They know that if they can get gun owners divided into groups and focused almost solely on their "favorite" gun that they will be paying less attention to the Bills that aren't as important to them. We just have to make sure that people understand that EVERY piece of new gun control legislation should be faced down and turned away. As much as I hate to say it, This is time for No Compromise, No Quarter.

I really do hope that I'm wrong about the approach that D.C. will take, but after seeing what they have done in Springfield the past few days I really do believe that this state has been used as the guinea pig for the testing of the plan.

Keep your eyes open and stay frosty, people!!

What I'm hearing is that Springfield armory and Rock River have threatened to leave Illinois if a ban is enacted in that state. That may have been why it died in the IL state senate. Have you heard anything similar, Tim?

Kimber and Remington said the same thing about the Micro-stamping on bullets and firing pins in New York. That caused a good bit of "oh shit, we really need to consider this.."

BryanForbes said:
What I'm hearing is that Springfield armory and Rock River have threatened to leave Illinois if a ban is enacted in that state. That may have been why it died in the IL state senate. Have you heard anything similar, Tim?

Several of the firearms manufacturers here in Illinois had mentioned the possibility of leaving the state.....Armalite was probably the most vocal. As far as that being the reason the Bills died in the Senate, I would say no. The Chicagocrats simply overestimated the amount of support they would have from the middle-ground people. Once the legislation was presented and people were able to read it the fencesitters realized that passing it would be political suicide. So they made the decision to drop it.......only to have nearly identical legislation be put forth by a Chicagocrat from the House, where it has even less chance of passing. The crooks up north are trying anything they can to block CCW here......they were just hoping they could get enough of a wave of support due to the Newtown shooting that people would approve of a wide reaching firearms ban. Thankfully they were met with a resounding "NO!"

The fight is far from over here in IL and in the nation as a whole. We have to keep our voices ringing in the ears of our Senators and Representatives, both State and Federal. Find out who yours are, call them, email them, fax them....make sure they understand that you oppose ANY new firearm limitations and regulations. If these turkeys hear the message loud and clear enough perhaps they will start to learn what "Shall not be infringed" means. Right now is the time when EVERYONE needs to get involved......make your opinions known.

No Compromise, No quarter.

Tim4k5, Thanks for keeping everyone updated with the Ill bill. (sorry for the pun, but I found it suiting)

Not a problem John.....I was just a puppy back in '94 so I couldn't do anything to help the fight then. This time around I'm putting myself "in the trenches" as much as possible......making phone calls and sending emails may be time consuming but it is the least I can do to protect the 2nd Ammendment for my kids and future grandkids.

Tim4k5 said:
Not a problem John.....I was just a puppy back in '94 so I couldn't do anything to help the fight then. This time around I'm putting myself "in the trenches" as much as possible......making phone calls and sending emails may be time consuming but it is the least I can do to protect the 2nd Ammendment for my kids and future grandkids.

Same here, look to your left... yep thats me muddied up next to you in the trench.

I am getting sick and tired of the anti's saying that the Founder's could not have imagined us running around with AR-15 "army" rifles. They infer that they would want them banned. Perhaps they should be asking if the Founder's had ever imagined what people would say and write under the 1st amendment. Maybe consider what the Founder's would think of us having 14.5 trillion in debt or collecting every correspondence. What would they think of the gov. buying 1 billion plus 40 cal. rounds. What would the Founder's think of our tax rate? What would they think of Feinstein swearing to follow the Constitution and wanting to ban guns. I think they'd be on M.O. telling to be very careful of her and to keep the rights they risked all for. If we follow their lead, we'd have better rifles than the military. The Founder's used muskets with rifled barrels for great accuracy over the smooth bore Brown Bess that the British Army used.

carbinemike said:
I am getting sick and tired of the anti's saying that the Founder's could not have imagined us running around with AR-15 "army" rifles.

The argument is weak. This video is enlightening:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-pqFyKh-rUI&desktop_uri=/watch?v=-pqFyKh-rUI

So, this was put into production 3 years after the Constitution was created. It's silly to think that our founders would not have thought about high rate of fire weapons. I can guarantee, however, they couldn't have imagined digital printers or the Internet and those are both protected by the first amendment. I'd also like to point out that since cars were not invented at the time, police should be able to search your car without probable cause or a warrant (fourth). In addition, only bail amounts that our founding fathers could imagine someone ever affording would be allowed, so billionaires could never be held with a million dollar bail (eighth). The absurdity of the musket argument is shown once you start applying the same logic to other rights outlined in the Bill of Rights.

I have heard rumors that the O administration is leaving the NRA out of any new gun control talks and going to "hunting" groups for their pro gun thoughts. I keep hearing various LEO organizations talking about automatic weapons like we all have belt fed and full auto rifles in our closets. Where do they come up with this stuff?

Towmaster21 said:
Where do they come up with this stuff?

They get it by being sheep while following and believing the Media Blitz and complete BS Agenda Propaganda! I was just at Dick's spending some Gift Cards I was unfortunately given at Christmas time and they have replaced ALL Semi-automatic weapons (Centerfire, Rimfire, shotshell, all of them) with Stoeger O/U and SxS shotguns in varying gauges.... Made me a little sick buying ammo from them.

I'm sure Dicks is trying to appease the soccer moms and nasacar dads who wrote about their "babykilling" assault rifles. I get the feeling it will come back to bite them in the end, which for now is playing it "safe".
On another note..sent emails to my state reps about my thoughts on the upcoming gun control bills.

Senator Max Baucus,

I am writing to you in regards to the pending assault weapons and magazine bans making their way through Congress. As a Montana citizen I am sure you can agree that many Montanans take their constitutional rights very seriously. And like myself am alarmed that they are under attack by people who know very little about firearms let alone our rights to them as United States citizens. The Second Amendment is not about hunting or target shooting, nor should it be skewed to say that it is only about that. Banning a weapon on apperance alone is not a valid cause. Would you ban all black painted vehicles with tinted windows because it made someone nervous? Would they be banned because most criminals use black painted vehicles to avoid detection from law enforcement and hide while committing a crime? I have heard anti-gun politicians and groups claim that limiting the amount of rounds a magazine can hold will stop the amount of victims in these shooting sprees. I whole heartedly disagree, the discussion should not be centered around how many rounds a gun can hold, or what it looks like. It should be centered around keeping these weapons out of the hands of the mentally ill and criminals who have given up their rights to them through their misdeeds. Disarming the law abiding people who wish to defend their land and homes from these same criminals is not the answer. If members of congress are afforded tax payer paid protection using the very types of weapons that Senator Feinstein proposes to ban, what kind of message is that sending to the American public?
I would hope as a fellow Montanan you will uphold our Constitutional right and vote against any new gun control measures. Put more effort into enforcing the laws we have already passed and give the people who voted for you a fighting chance against the people who would do us harm.

I just use the NRA template and email program online :) That allows me to Blitz Email them faster than the News can :D

As for what the founders believed or thought about firearms, we have their thoughts and ideas preserved in their quotes. Their words are rather prophetic, as if they forsaw this moment in time. Their words make it abundantly clear how they felt about firearms ownership.

No free man shall ever be procluded the use of arms. Jefferson.

You think if there were better arms available to them they would want them? Of course they would!

That's a good video and cool gun, I've never seen anything like that!

Gentlemen, I appreciate all yall are doin to keep this thread updated as much as is possible.

We have a state rep who is lock step with Obama. I keep getting form letter responses...

As for what the founders believed or thought about firearms, we have their thoughts and ideas preserved in their quotes. Their words are rather prophetic, as if they forsaw this moment in time.
You bet we know what they intended!...and that they knew what could happen to us over time.

We got a senator, Bob Casey Jr., who was reelected with a pro gun platform that rolled over like a lap dog 2 days after CT. Lousy lying sack of %&#@

It looks like Feinsteins new assault weapon ban proposal won't be introduced until January 22nd.

carbinemike said:
We got a senator, Bob Casey Jr., who was reelected with a pro gun platform that rolled over like a lap dog 2 days after CT. Lousy lying sack of %&#@

I can't believe I voted for this @#$%^.... Makes me soo angry. Freaking Sheep.

Ric, Casey's Dad was our govenor during the Clinton years and I didn't like or find him trustworthy. The apple didn't fall far from the tree, You can still write him as I am doing. His contact page:
http://www.casey.senate.gov/contact/

Another PA fact you may not know. In the 90's we had a great US Senator, John Heinz. He's inherited a ton of money from his family including the ketchup company. He was a down to earth good guy. He died in a plane crash and Casey's dad appointed a much more liberal replacement. John Heinz's widow remarried an uber liberal named John Kerry and helped fund his presidential bid.

Back