• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Fienstein to introduce Assault Weapon Ban

Just stumbled across this in another forum....
http://www.ct.gov/despp/cwp/view.asp?Q=517284&A=4226

We are all aware that the AR-15 and its clones have been made to be the bad guy here.

But what was recovered from the trunk of the Sandy Hook shooters car was a Izhmash Canta-12.

Canta is the Russian spelling of Saiga. Apparently a lot of the guns from Izhmash still bear the original Russian cyrillic stampings on them. This tragedy could have been much worse,
http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/33802-what-is-a-canta-12/

Hopefully this is a good sign plus they don't control the house of reps. Here's hoping this gets put to the pasture soon and the buying insanity can go back to the crazy days of the last 4 years.

A proposed ban on sales of assault weapons would be defeated in the U.S. Senate today unless some members changed their current views, based on a Bloomberg review of recent lawmaker statements and interviews.

At least six of the 55 senators who caucus with Democrats have recently expressed skepticism or outright opposition to a ban, the review found. That means Democrats wouldn’t have a simple 51-vote majority to pass the measure, let alone the 60 votes needed to break a Republican filibuster to bring it to a floor vote.

here's your answer feinstein.

Attachments

• gun-control1.jpg
    gun-control1.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 153
If you can stomach it and not vomit I caught parts of the C-SPAN broadcast simply titled "Weapons Ban" which I found hauntingly surreal. Flanked by about 8 or 9 Police Officers ol Frankenstein and a few of the Democratic elite made their crusade known to the world. Had these weapons been banned, the Colorado theater shooting and Newton shooting would have never happened. Praising the courage and strength of Bloomberg, Schumer, McCarthy........courage and strength......something these people have nothing of, but will learn alot about from the American people if they continue to push their moral liberal crusade standing on the bodies of the dead.

I forget what time I was watching C-Span to see what was going on... something really stupid haha didn't take me long to get board and move back to History Channel... :lol:

I guess it's time to bump this one back up. They had some testimony yesterday including from the dip$hit Milwaukee chief of police. It sounds like he was put down well enough and to summarize his testimony...assault weapons are weapons are bad even though they aren't used in a lot of crimes and they don't go after people who lie on gun purchase applications to illegally get a gun. Oh yeah, he said they need to ban these guns that were designed for war. I'd like an explanation how a Ruger 10/22 was designed for war..or a semi AR-15 for that matter.

None of this testimony will change a thing. The minds on both sides are made up. it's a dog and pony show for the public.

WASHINGTON – Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., who once threatened to take out those she perceived as threats with her own gun, today told a congressional hearing, “We cannot allow the carnage … to continue.”
She was speaking on behalf of her own Assault Weapons Ban of 2013 before the Senate Judiciary Committee.
She invited several witnesses to testify in support of her proposed gun ban.
Milwaukee Police Chief Edward Flynn testified against allowing citizens to own firearms, saying that “assault weapons are not built for sportsmen.”
He said those are “designed for combat” and must be “restricted.”
Flynn admitted that “numerous innocent Milwaukee citizens [have been] injured or killed by assault weapons and high capacity firearms” that have been in the hands of “career criminals” and “drug dealers.”
But he still believes “a ban on future civilian sales of assault weapons” would help.
When pressed by Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, on the usage of the AR-15 in shootings, Flynn admitted he could not state with certainty that it is in common usage in shootings, yet he still described it as “dangerous” and supports a “reasonable restriction on the Second Amendment.”
Flynn’s own department is facing a number of scandals, including claims reported by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel that his officers illegally conducted rectal searches of victims during traffic stops and the in-custody death of another person.
Under questioning from Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., Flynn admitted the number of homicides committed using rifles is “a small percentage,” leaving Graham baffled as to why the government is focusing on banning weapons.
Graham also questioned why Flynn has “failed” to properly pursue convictions when people who failed background checks still acquired firearms. Graham suggested that’s a more central issue than prohibition.
“I own an AR-15 and I passed a background check,” Graham said, questioning, “Isn’t it more about the person rather than the weapon?”
When questioned by Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas, if the Feinstein “assault weapons” ban would have prevented any of the major shootings, John Walsh, the U.S. Attorney for Colorado, said, “I can’t tell you they would have been averted … but the casualty levels would have been lowered.”
Grassley noted, “The earlier assault weapons ban did not prevent the shooting at Columbine.”
Feinstein claimed, “The bill grandfathers weapons in legal possession.”
But she also said it aims at the size of magazines, “These high capacity magazines and drums make a gun especially dangerous.”
“It is only when the shooter has to change magazines that the police have the chance to stop e shooter,” she claimed.
Grassley said while Feinstein wants “dangerous and unusual” weapons banned, the standards in the bill are ambiguous and they open up many constitutional questions.
Walsh said the “assault weapons” in question should be reserved for the military and “for law enforcement.”
Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, suggested it was a silly plan.
“We do not need to target … restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens,” he said. He cited numerous government reports demonstrating how the original “assault weapons” ban was not effective in curbing gun violence.
He said Congress should target criminals rather than the Second Amendment.

We had a hearing concerning "assault weapons" here in Illinois today. The buzz-words for the anti-gun crowd here for the past few weeks have been "collapsable stocks" and "high-capacity clips"......which obviously are the root of all things evil. Todd Vandermyde, the NRA rep for IL brought in an AR-15 to demonstrate to the sheeple exactly how much "collapsing" you get from a collapsable stock.......showing that the 3" of adjustment isn't for making the gun concealable, it's for making it more comfortable for shooters of all sizes. One of the anti's spouted off about the AR being a "complex piece of military-grade hardware" that civillians had no need for.......as a matter of fact, the AR "is complex and dangerous enough that most police department refuse to use them". The giggles when Todd mentioned that the AR in his hands belonged to his 14yo daughter were priceless.....hehe :)

Then they jumped on the subject of "high-capacity bullet clips" and how shooting tragedies would be far less severe if magazine sizes were limited.......after all, if the bad guy has to stop to reload then police would be able to engage him in the couple of seconds it takes to reload. Semi-automatic weapons are just too dangerous. Todd's only response was to play the video footage of Jerry Miculek's world record of 12 target hitting shots, with a revolver, with a reload.....in under 3 seconds. That kinda shut em up......

Todd V has been an absolute heavyweight for us in our fight the past few years.......we're VERY glad he's on our side.

It's great you have a guy like that in your corner Tim.

We could use a few more like him out there...

The Virginia Tech killer used 10 and 15 round magazines. That logic didn't permit anyone to stop him and he reloaded many times. It seems that a one shot .22 would have had more effect in stopping him than trying to jump him when he reloads.

They also neglect that the recent Oregon Mall shooting was stopped very quickly when the shooter realized that a concealed carrier was targeting him him a Glock and with his next shot he killed himself.

you just can't argue with stupid mike.

And some of these people are ate up with it.

John A. said:

We've had an absolute political circus here this week. The CCW fight is getting ugly as expected with politics as only Chicago can play. Empty shell Bill introduced into the house, 31 amendments submitted for it........9 hours of granstanding and voting on amendments for a Bill that won't pass.

One of the anti clowns even put an amendment up restricting CCW permit holders to only carrying one gun at a time......"because that's all the police carry"

Some of the Reps from the Northern end of this State are too ignorant to realize that they are stupid.....

Thats a great link Mossy. I've said for a long time that the entire "Blame the greedy NRA/Gun manufacturer lobby" has been a simple smoke and mirrors routine to keep focus off of the pharmaceutical industry. Politicians have a hard time admitting that Big Pharma could buy and sell the NRA and every gun manufacturer several times over......and tend to be rather large campaign contributors.

Those of you who don't have school age kids now or within the past 15 or so years would have a hard time understanding the amount of pressure and suggestions that is given to "medicate kids to normalcy". A kid who 25 years ago would have been seen as "a bit hyperactive" and the parents suggested to put them in sports and activities will now be put on a list of psychotropic drugs whose long term effects on adolescents is largely kept secret. Teacher think your kid has ADHD? School nurse think it's a posibility and request a Doctors evaluation and medication? Doctor suggest the newest, greatest ADHD medicine that his pharma rep just dropped off? You think they are all nuts and refuse to medicate your kid? Expect a child neglect claim to be filed.....followed by a visit from a State social worker. Most parents just cave into the pressure and feed the kid the pills.....after all, the Doctor wouldn't prescribe it if it wasn't safe and going to work. I mean look, he belives in medicine XYZ so much he even has a bumper sticker for it on his Porsche. :)

John A. said:

Come on John....Mike's not stupid. He has some good ideas once in a while... ;)

LOL

Now that was just flat out cold Ripjack. :eek: As for my ideas being good sometimes, that strange woman I met in the family room when MO was down doesn't seem to think so most of the time. My mom thinks my ideas are good (don't all mom's?)...she wants me to run for a political office (no joke here!).

I couldn't resist the temptation. It was just staring at me begging....

You know I'm kidding with ya bro... :)

The list runs up thru 2011. I'd like to see 2012 as well. We also need to see what meds our politicians are on...maybe a Med Disclosure Act...so we can compare their actions against non-medicated Americans. Those on certain drugs would be prohibited from holding office...say anything stronger than Aspirin...

carbinemike said:
I'd like an explanation how a Ruger 10/22 was designed for war..
not to correct you Mike but I have had a long standing jihad against digger squirrels around my Mom and Dad’s house.....tried lots of different weapons but the 10/22 is the most effective. This has been known operation Nut Thief…. a 32 year war

Tim4k5 said:
The buzz-words for the anti-gun crowd here for the past few weeks have been "collapsable stocks" and "high-capacity clips

Glad I am doing a fixed stock and standard capacity 30 round clip magazines

John A. said:

nope, that’s why the first gun was invented...on that day they yelled " we just fixed stupid"

ripjack13 said:
I couldn't resist the temptation. It was just staring at me begging....

You know I'm kidding with ya bro... :)

what the hell are you doing here, you’re supposed to be sexing this bitch up, winning her over to the prop side.....you need help ?

Back