• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Finally got an AR15

Wrenches

.270 WIN
It's in layaway but I only owe $138 now. :D

I've been wheeling and dealing at my local range and they have a S&W M&P 15 5.56 carbine for $679. It has a flip up rear sight and a Pmag 30 rd mag. I sold them my Sigma 9mm and my HP 40 cal carbine for $275 and I added $300 to the layaway. Next month I pay the $138 and it's mine.

That's $438 out of my pocket so I think I did good. The Sigma and the carbine had seen many many rounds but they are proven to be reliable. I didn't like the idea of selling my guns to stranger who only have to show a valid DL and be of age but I know nothing about them. Dealing with my local range saves me headaches and paperwork plus no worries. All done in one place (like before).

I can't wait. :confused:

Well, that was quick and I was editing my post. I had them telling me to build my own but I don't wanna, I'm new to this.

S&W M&P15 is a really good rifle with a fantastic warranty that you'll probably never ever have to use. I know several police depts who have tested the M&P15 side by side with other good brands an the S&W came out tied for top position.

Congrats!

Congrats.

Looking forward to pics and a range report once you're able to bring her home...

That's good to hear. :)

Will do LES but after I get the stuff to add to my cleaning kit and give the carbine a once over. The range always tell me they're ready to fire out of the box but the manual says otherwise as the manufacturers used packing grease and preservatives. I get a free day when I pick it up and I gotta remember to bring the kit

Last edited:
Bought a M and P sport back 4 months ago or so. Paid $615 before tax and dros, have put 500 rounds down her, she is flawless right out of the box. Excellent bang for the buck packed in that rifle. Enjoy

Congrats Wrenches! You sure picked a fine model to get into the AR fraternity with. It was a shame to have to give some up but I think you'll find it was worth it. As with the others, I'll look forward to pics and a report.

Man, that sure costs a lot. I've seen UTG brand for a tenth of that.

Very cool. When you get it outta jail lemme know. We can finally meet up at a local range like we've been talking about for a while now and give it a good workout.

woot_logo.png

Welcome to the club! LOL The M&P line is great. Look forward to your range report!!

Got a free range today so I went to Academy and picked up three boxes of AE 223 55g and shot one box at 25 yards. I don't like the rear sight (peephole) so that's gonna change. My first shot was low so I raised the front sight and hit dead center with my second shot.

WOOT! :p

I like the top of the front site to be centered in the rear sight so I need to adjust it.

Back