• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Finest Snap Caps ever!

gunguy

.22LR
I tried some other brands, but hands-down B's Dry Fire Dummy shells are the best! Worth the $40 bucks. I bought these 12 gauge B's, set of 9, to teach the wife, kids and friends how to safely load/unload my Mossy 590A1 8+1 pump. These things look and feel completely real, very well made, with a soft center 'primer hole' so not to damage your firing pin. We've cycled them through hundreds of times and so far they have not cracked, chipped or flaked-off any material like some other brands I've tried, and they are made of the same hard plastic shell and brass material just like real shells. Bought them on Amazon and they are available in many calibers, colors and either hi or low brass. I got the orange in hi brass.
My B's 12 ga Snap Caps.jpg

Last edited:
Cool. I'm not sure I like that they look like live rounds, I can foresee a problem with that in their future.

I will take a black sharpie and write 'dummy' on the shell side of each cap just to be safe.

Cool. I'm not sure I like that they look like live rounds, I can foresee a problem with that in their future.
Had a guy in one of my gun clubs, blow a hole in the floor. Luckily that was all he hit. Using some of those real looking snap caps. He had a live round in the gun!

Make my snap caps look as FAKE as possible please!

I'm in agreement that they look TOO real... (1) They could be loaded up as real ammo and "fail" at the most inopportune time. :( (2) Real ammo could be used in place of them and fire at the most inopportune time. :eek:

I would consider drilling small holes near the edge of the brass by the plastic every 90^ around the outside circumference. This would provide a visual and tactile indication that they are "dummy" rounds. In a pinch and right now, I would put some "X"s with a Sharpie in the same locations as above.

I commend you for what you are doing with your family and friends regarding training to load and unload. :) This is a skill probably not practiced often enough by new shooters.

I picked up some B's to practice with my newly acquired first shotgun and gotta agree 100% with OP that these are some damn fine snap caps.

I bought a set of B's snap caps but haven't run them through my 590A1 yet. I've been using Snappy's, and they have gotten pretty beat up after 25 or 30 times through the shot gun, so I hope the B's turn out better.

This is what the Snappy's snap caps look like after 25-30 cycles. They sure got beat up.

Then they start hanging up like this and won't feed. If I knock the burrs off with a dremel, they work for a few more cycles.

A zoom snap caps for me too. They have the weight of a live shell too. No way would I choose to use those B's dry fire caps. Training equipment is not suppose to look "real".

7D0C5D5F-D528-482E-85DB-8E286AFD0B61_zpsgbejkas8.jpg

The B's come in a multitude of colors, just choose some very bright off color that none of your other shells use.. problem solved. They are also weighted.

The B's come in a multitude of colors, just choose some very bright off color that none of your other shells use.. problem solved. They are also weighted.

Or any color that you will ever use in the future during your life time. Then it's problem solved.

Back