• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Fiocchi ammo in the 930

Has anyone used Fiocchi, velocity 1200, 1 oz, #8 shot target load ammo in their 930? I'm hoping this works better than the Winchester stuff.

I haven't tried Fiocchi, but Walmart has Suprema (#7 or 8 @ 1315, box of 25) for $5.50/box. I ran 250 rounds through with no failures. Is the Fiocchi cheaper?

I have not but I have tested Fiocchi 2 3/4" 27 Pellet #4 Buckshot and my 935 does not like it at all. It all went bang and cycled well but it patterned terrible.

Every single round of Fiocchi ammo I've shot has been first rate.

I haven't shot any 12ga, but I put several boxes through a 1959 Browning Sweet Sixteen. (That's a dolled-up version of JMB's Auto-5 in 16ga.) That recoil operated shotgun ran flawlessly with it.

I bought 250 rnds at a gun show yesterday. About $6.00/box. I won't be able to try it out until Wednesday. I'm hoping it works better than the Winchester stuff I bought last time.

Yeah, Winchester ammunition is kind of awful. I've used Fiocchi buckshot and it shot well in my 930 but never tried their target loads. Why use anything but Federal Top Gun? It's cheap and I've never had a single malfunction with that ammunition in nearly a decade and probably a half dozen different shotguns.

I bought the Fiocchi at a gun show at a good price. It seems to work well. The Estate target loads worked well too, but it seems a bit dirty requiring more frequent cleaning. I need to shoot off more of the Fiocchi before I'm completely satisfied.

I bought the Fiocchi at a gun show at a good price. It seems to work well. The Estate target loads worked well too, but it seems a bit dirty requiring more frequent cleaning. I need to shoot off more of the Fiocchi before I'm completely satisfied.

Frank,

Honestly... "more frequent cleaning" is a myth with any 930 that runs like it should. Are you sure that cleaning is necessary? Or is it to cleanse your doubts?

I could smell the powder when I was shooting the estate rounds. The gun started acting up, so I did a thorough cleaning. It was pretty dirty. It had been about 100 rounds since the last cleaning. The piston was the dirtiest, but I guess that's to be expected.

Frank,

Honestly... "more frequent cleaning" is a myth with any 930 that runs like it should. Are you sure that cleaning is necessary? Or is it to cleanse your doubts?

LOL...In my case frequent cleaning eases my guilt.

Which guilt?

I'm unsure, but somehow cleaning always makes me feel more secure and worthy.

I frequently suffer "dirty gun anxiety".

Back