• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Firearm Factories lost to time...

S

SHOOTER13

This thread is about factories that once produced the "Arsenal of Democracy"...and that are now sitting abandoned, destroyed or just plain gone with the wind.

America's history is all about technological advances. As times and technology changes, the needs of the gun maker may no longer fit with an aging factory:

http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/2015/02/ghost-gun-factories.html?m=1

** Credit goes to TinCanBandit and his blog...**

Nice compilation.

I actually own a few guns made in some of the old factories mentioned. It was nice to be able to put a "face" with the guns.

Here are some of my new "old gun factory" posts

Excellent reading. nicely written as well.

I've driven by the old parker place. that city has turned into a scum dump. it's too bad. There were some great places to visit....

This thread is about factories that once produced the "Arsenal of Democracy"...and that are now sitting abandoned, destroyed or just plain gone with the wind.

America's history is all about technological advances. As times and technology changes, the needs of the gun maker may no longer fit with an aging factory:

http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/2015/02/ghost-gun-factories.html?m=1

** Credit goes to TinCanBandit and his blog...**

That is really a cool site. History is being replaced every day.

I am beginning my research into the old Mossberg factories in New Haven, I have found numerous addresses in New Haven, does anyone here more info, pictures actual locations? Many of the addresses seem to have disappeared, maybe due to the interstate highway construction?

I don't think most of the below addresses exist any more, perhaps due to the building of the freeways in the early 60's, but if someone could find a way to correlate the old addresses with the current system maybe we could pin point where the factory was

I have bunch of addresses on St. John Street:

and some from Greene Street (original New Haven factory?)

Back