• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Firearm Photo Gallery

ripjack13's collection

Ok peeps, here's the pix i was telling you about. I had her take about 29 pix and these are the one's i think you'll enjoy....

i hope you like em....

zANvul.jpg

QRwuDl.jpg

QUAWFl.jpg

^^ Mossberg 835 Ulti-Mag with KNOXX SPEC-OPS Camo Stock

ebEfJl.jpg

zl0DHl.jpg

zOHbsl.jpg

^^ R. A .A. Saiga Legion 12 Gauge Semi-Automatic

YqMbLl.jpg

iIegnl.jpg

^^ Marlin Glenfield Model 60 .22LR

e8dRKl.jpg

0uKRJl.jpg

^^ Ithaca Model 37

SibGUl.jpg

LjF8Hl.jpg

Q4BtBl.jpg

^^ H&R Topper Model 48

ZTUG8l.jpg

AthFql.jpg

^^ Winchester Model 275 .22LR Magnum

And of course...me and pittie, Loki

TfmCCl.jpg

Re: ripjack13's collection

Real nice collection Rip !!...and puppy !!

Must be nice to have your own photographer !! When's the book on your life come out...!? :D

ripjack13 said:
And of course...me and pittie, Loki

TfmCCl.jpg

^ There's the one I've been lookin for! Very nice Rip! Great collection, and good lookin pup...

Sn3aKyGuY said:
What's the last picture of? All I see is a blue car with a white sheet on it. :p

Dang, I gotta get here earlier! You beat me to it! :lol:

Great pics! I love the stock on the old break down!

I need to finish my Beretta soon. When I get the duraclear in, I'll post it up.

What are you doin to it? Is the duraclear kinda like clear coat?

Yes. A clear coat. I'd have to look on my receipt to say for sure the actual name of it. But its the duracoat stuff.

Ahhh, I see... so you have refinished your 92F?

Pics of some work guns I use

Well, as LAZY EYED SNIPER likes to say in his greetings to new members, "... The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so be sure to post up some pics of any other firearms you own...".

So here are two of my work guns.

The 1911 sports a set of rosewood full checkered grip panels, which I like because it's a throwback to a more traditional look of the guns that men of yesterday routinely carried. The rosewood is comfortable to hold in extreme temperatures and not many people even see steel and wood guns anymore. But, I've been toying with the thought of asking for some VZ Grips for Christmas in dark gray golfball. Let me know if you have any suggestions for a subdued color that would look good with a Parkerized finish.

1911Loaded.jpg

And here's my personally owned patrol rifle, a RRA Entry Tactical. I hate the over-use of the word "Tactical" and wish RRA just called this a 16" Patrol Model or something. I can go out and buy tactical socks, for gods sake. Sheesh. The EoTech has a 1-MOA dot and it's easy to shoot 50-yd 1" groups from a rest. The magazine is a D&H black teflon curved 20-rounder with orange Magpul follower. I like the slick finish inside and out, and the length is much better for me than the more familiar 30-rd versions we always see. It makes shooting prone a whole different ballgame. These mags are 100% reliable, and I have two more in the pockets of my Bulldog case, along with two 30-rd Adventure Lines. Altogether I probably load out with about ten mags but really what do I need with that many, other than to share with folks who show up with just one in their rifle. I removed the Spectre 3-point sling for the photo because I thought it would clutter the photo and the woodpile was already visually distracting. I chose the green stock and PG and handguards because, like my 1911, I like my work guns to be a little bit distinctive from all the others.

RRA_AR15.jpg

So that's a look at a couple of my working guns.

Oh, I also have in the trunk my personally owned 8+1 590 with GRS to replace the issued Model 500 5-shot. I like the 590 a little bit better because of the sights and sling, so I keep qualified on it as well as the 500. I figure that if I'm already leaving home with a personally owned 1911 and AR-15 what's one more. Add the single stack slim 7+1 9mm BUG and that makes four that I bought and carry.

Hope you liked seeing them. Sorry for the long post. Thanks for looking!

Dave (nitesite)

Re: Pics of some work guns I use

Looks like a well thought-out choice of tools for your trade nitesite !!

...and if I have to trust my life to one handgun...damn right it's gonna be a .45 !

==========================================================

MY45s-1-1.jpg

GLOCK30SF-1-2.jpg

=========================================================

What's the BUG look like ?!...wouldn't be a Kel Tec PF-9 would it...?! ;)

==========================================================

Sweetness, Love the 1911....got to go OD Green on the grips if you get your Christmas present. I can’t find the golf ball grips....I like the VZ Alien in green.

Hi, Shooter13~

The BUG is a Taurus 709 Slim worn over my sternum under my shirt. I looked at (and shot) a lot of single stack compact nines and the Taurus (despite its reputation as making junk guns according to some 'phobes) is/was the only one that I could not make it choke or malf. I shot factory standard vel ammo of all weights, Gold Dot 124 +Ps, even Win +P+; and 115-gr, 124-gr and 147 gr cast bullets. I shot cast handloads with Unique, Bullseye, AA#7 and Titegroup. I varied the OAL and the powder charges. Not a single hiccup. I quit making notes and since I can load and walk outside to shoot I just started experimenting with any combination I thought I hadn't tried.

Never, ever, did I experience a malf. It also has a remarkable trigger reset and has double-strike capability as well as land-and-groove rifling.

I did have problems with all the other small single-stack nines that I tried. Every one had multiple failure-to-feeds or some other issue. And a GLOCK26, although a wonderful sidearm, is just too thick to wear it where I do. I was (and am) convinced the 709 was the right choice for me. My APOST weapon certification has to be the same for a small BUG as for my full-sized duty weapon, out to 25-yards and under time. It's easy to always qualify in the high-nineties so it's sufficiently accurate as well.

Roger that...sounds like a fine addition to your battery.

Be safe out there Bro...!!

+1 rep

Shooter13,

I think I like your GI Gov't 1911 in the upper right most of all. Lanyard loop, tiny sights, vertical cocking serrations, original thumb safety, short trigger.... it's all there! Woof!

The others are really great as well although I never have had a chance to shoot a S&W. I would really like to own a .45 CZ one day, or at least have the opportunity to shoot one.

I ought to start another thread about 1911 magazines and different feed-lip styles but for now let me ask you: do you like GI hardball, Wadcutter, or Hybrid lips?

Me, it's hardball feed lips all the way baby! Slickest feed evah.

Back