• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Firearm Photo Gallery

20160224_155158_zpsfyxnandp.jpg

This is the only picture photobucket will let me down load!
I took good clean pictures and can't down load them to photobucket!

cajun

Well, an oldtimer here and recent to the site. Since I promised to show off this shotgun when received, a photo will be attached if I get things correct. By way of refresher, I come from Lakefield, Ontario, where in the 70's era, Lakefield Arms flourished as a manufacturer of the Lakefield Mossberg shotguns and some rimfire .22 rifles. I carried a Winchester, 12-gauge back in those days and always felt a little guilty, not having a Lakefield Mossberg. Anyway thanks to a seller from Quebec, this one came my way - a Lakefield-Mossberg model 400G. This one has a 30-inch full choke barrel - came without a plug which our authorities here take a dim view of, so it now has a homemade nine inch plug and legal, and I am impressed with the wood of the stock-almost a 3D effect. I apologize if I am interfering with any other conversations in this thread but I did not know for sure where to publish this gem. I also apologize since it looks like I will have to tell you the photos will follow. By the way, this will be my Spring turkey companion with #5 lead turkey loads.Mossberg Mossberg 12 gauge model 400G 001.JPGMossberg Mossberg 12 gauge model 400G 001.JPG Mossberg Mossberg 12 gauge model 400G 003.JPG Mossberg Mossberg 12 gauge model 400G 005.JPG Mossberg Mossberg 12 gauge model 400G 008.JPG

Two new, old project guns & a new bench. The Savage .22 is circa 1980 and runs well. The Ranger 16 gage is of date unknown, and getting fiberglass bedding and repairs to the stock.

The shotgun would be done by now, but I keep letting other projects in line.

I glued up the bench at 2AM last night. It's the latest delay-of-game in the sxs shotgun rehab.
20160517_013148.jpg

Last edited:
This was the Ranger stock. It had been cracked off & patched with darker wood and perhaps Ambroid glue, at some point in history.
The glue was expired, and the patches fell off readily.

ranger2d.jpg

The stock is a tad crooked, and just look at the ragged bedding about the safety/tang!
I'm just going to repair it all with fiberglass, and either paint the stock or rubber-dip it.
I can't find an exact replacement so far.

ranger2a.jpg

According to the books, this logo should have a model number tacked on it, like "RANGER 101.1", similar to this plainer model 101.6 (this is a .410 gun, & is not mine.)

101.6.jpg

Back