• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Firearm Programs on TV

S

SHOOTER13

How many of you watch firearm programming on TV...?!

I just realized as I was reviewing my Comcast ( local cable provider ) DVR recording list that I compiled over the past few days to watch at a later time and realized how many I actually tune into on a regular basis...

Here's my list:

American Rifleman
Guns & Ammo TV
Personal Defense TV
TAC TV
Guns & Gear
Gun Talk TV
Shooting USA
The Best Defense: Survival
Three Gun Nation
Field & Stream: The Gun Nuts
Gallery of Guns
Ruger: Inside & Out
Ted Nugent: Spirit of the Wild
World Of Beretta

then there is...

Top Shot
Top Guns
Family Guns
Sons of Guns
American Gun

and the list goes on...

I mean... some are obviously self serving ( Ruger / Beretta...Family, Sons of, and American Guns ), but others really do inform and entertain.

Do you guys watch any of these shows !?

If so, which ones do you prefer...?!

Which ones do you hate...?!

And why...?!

I don't have cable but sometimes I can catch a few shows on at work. I like Top Shot because I think it would be fun. The Sons of Guns type of show is ok. I can't really pay much attention or really hear them at work, but that makes them better. The acting and drama part makes them suck.

Never heard of the other ones.

If I can catch it while it's on: Gallery of Guns

But I can get reruns of Son's of Guns and American Guns.. I really watch American Guns to laugh at some of the stupid crap they do and the OUTRAGEOUS PRICES!!! They did a conversion of an old 870 to new Tactical 870 and charged the guy $1100 + a trade in T/C in .338 Win Mag....

For that much cash down and that good of a gun, I could have built his, than 2 more to sell... haha what a joke!

Seems that most people are turned off by the whole "reality" thing...as am I.

But this thread does stir up some comments on the lack of good firearm programming on

mainstream TV. I myself DVR the above episodes...then skim through them to the heart

of the matter...or see how the first few minutes start out and delete if not interested.

I really wish there was something with substance...and a few of those shows above do

actually have some credibility ( Guns & Gear with Gresham for example...or Shooting USA with

Scouten ) do keep me abreast of the goings on in the firearm industry and competitive circuit, so I

do watch them with interest.

SHOOTER13 said:
Here's my list:

American Rifleman
Guns & Ammo TV

Guns & Gear

Shooting USA

Gallery of Guns

Ted Nugent: Spirit of the Wild

Top Shot
Top Guns

**Sons of Guns**
American Gun

Do you guys watch any of these shows !?

I do...some of them...

If so, which ones do you prefer...?!

I deleted the ones I do not watch, nor dvr...
I like American guns...They actually make guns from scratch....unlike SoG...they only modify.

Which ones do you hate...?!

Sons of guns....with a passion. Yet I find myself watching cuz they do do some cool stuff...

And why...?

I cannot stand the lame a$$ attempt of drama...

My answers in red

I didn't know there that many shows about guns on comcast.

I can never find anything but fishing shows when I look for anything about guns or hunting

Sent from my Mossberg 930 using Tapatalk2

ripjack13 said:
Do you guys have cable? Look for "The Outdoor Channel"....It's a hellava lot better than nbcsports.

http://outdoorchannel.com/

I have a digital box, so my wife lets me get what I want... :D
Just wrapped up MidwayUSA's Wednesday Night at the Range (or what ever they are calling it)

American Rifleman
Shooting USA
are the shows I watch. On the subject of watching TV, the only other shows I actively watch are Trucks and Xtreme 4x4 on the Power Block on spike channel.
I really just use tv as back ground noise. Usually discovery or history.

Back