1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

Firearm Programs on TV

Discussion in 'Work Safe' started by SHOOTER13, Oct 23, 2012.

1. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

How many of you watch firearm programming on TV...?!

I just realized as I was reviewing my Comcast ( local cable provider ) DVR recording list that I compiled over the past few days to watch at a later time and realized how many I actually tune into on a regular basis...

Here's my list:

American Rifleman
    Guns & Ammo TV
    Personal Defense TV
    TAC TV
    Guns & Gear
    Gun Talk TV
    Shooting USA
    The Best Defense: Survival
    Three Gun Nation
    Field & Stream: The Gun Nuts
    Gallery of Guns
    Ruger: Inside & Out
    Ted Nugent: Spirit of the Wild
    World Of Beretta

then there is...

Top Shot
    Top Guns
    Family Guns
    Sons of Guns
    American Gun

and the list goes on...

I mean... some are obviously self serving ( Ruger / Beretta...Family, Sons of, and American Guns ), but others really do inform and entertain.

Do you guys watch any of these shows !?

If so, which ones do you prefer...?!

Which ones do you hate...?!

And why...?!
  2. 3skulls

3skulls .270 WIN

I don't have cable but sometimes I can catch a few shows on at work. I like Top Shot because I think it would be fun. The Sons of Guns type of show is ok. I can't really pay much attention or really hear them at work, but that makes them better. The acting and drama part makes them suck.

Never heard of the other ones.
  3. OhioArcher

OhioArcher Where's da fishes? Supporter "Philanthropist"

3 Gun Nation on NBC Sports Channel.
  4. Itsricmo

Itsricmo .30-06

If I can catch it while it's on: Gallery of Guns

But I can get reruns of Son's of Guns and American Guns.. I really watch American Guns to laugh at some of the stupid crap they do and the OUTRAGEOUS PRICES!!! They did a conversion of an old 870 to new Tactical 870 and charged the guy $1100 + a trade in T/C in .338 Win Mag....

For that much cash down and that good of a gun, I could have built his, than 2 more to sell... haha what a joke!
  5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Seems that most people are turned off by the whole "reality" thing...as am I.

But this thread does stir up some comments on the lack of good firearm programming on

mainstream TV. I myself DVR the above episodes...then skim through them to the heart

of the matter...or see how the first few minutes start out and delete if not interested.

I really wish there was something with substance...and a few of those shows above do

actually have some credibility ( Guns & Gear with Gresham for example...or Shooting USA with

Scouten ) do keep me abreast of the goings on in the firearm industry and competitive circuit, so I

do watch them with interest.
  6. ripjack13

ripjack13 Resident Sawdust Maker Staff Member Administrator Supporter "Philanthropist"

My answers in red
  7. MikeD

MikeD I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator "Philanthropist"

I didn't know there that many shows about guns on comcast.

I can never find anything but fishing shows when I look for anything about guns or hunting

Sent from my Mossberg 930 using Tapatalk2
  8. Itsricmo

Itsricmo .30-06

SO TRUE!!!!
  9. ripjack13

ripjack13 Resident Sawdust Maker Staff Member Administrator Supporter "Philanthropist"

10. Fronty Owner

Fronty Owner .270 WIN

Just wrapped up MidwayUSA's Wednesday Night at the Range (or what ever they are calling it)

American Rifleman
    Shooting USA
    The Best Defense: Survival
    Field & Stream: The Gun Nuts
    are the shows I watch. On the subject of watching TV, the only other shows I actively watch are Trucks and Xtreme 4x4 on the Power Block on spike channel.
    I really just use tv as back ground noise. Usually discovery or history.
  11. Itsricmo

Itsricmo .30-06

Ah! Thanks! I was not aware that they had individual sites/sections for each state! :p