• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

First Aid Kits

So much good info here. I thought I had a good BOB, now I know I need some upgrades and replenishment. I do keep matches, cotton balls , and other things I might use to start a fire in old prescription bottles. It's a balancing act keeping everything one needs and being able to stay mobile. I had read somewhere else that some have caches stashed on their route or in the vicinity of their bug out destination, depending of course the distance and mode of travel.

Five years later and in my opinion this thread is more relevant than ever. I have a decent medical supply, and am constantly looking for new ideas.

Meany, totally agree with you. We have two trama kits. One stays in the house and the other resides in the vehicle we are using. And if you haven't updated your medical kits in the last few years you should because lots of equipment has changed.

The other thing I'd recommend is training. A couple of weeks ago I took a Basic Life Support class which taught CPR and the use of an AED. Our rural fire department offered the class and it a hands on intense type training. They only teach three people at a time and you learn the process both on an individual basis and then work as a team and rotate doing compressions, breathing and running the AED. They had automated "dummies", both adult and a baby size, and we used training AEDs. We did 30 minutes straight as a team non stop rotating positions every five minutes and believe me you get tired. 30 compressions and two breaths per minute. But it's excellent traning. You then take a 25 question test and once you pass your certified for two yesrs on CPR and use of a AED.

Given where we live folks are focused on becoming their own first responder whether it be medical, fire or security.

Regards

I checked one of my kits over the weekend. Discovered water purification tablets and quick clot expired. Replaced the quick clot today. The store had run out of the tablets. I will find some soon.

Stay up to date

I checked one of my kits over the weekend. Discovered water purification tablets and quick clot expired. Replaced the quick clot today. The store had run out of the tablets. I will find some soon.

Stay up to date
Meany, a few years ago I quit buying those tablets and acquired a Sawyer Mini filter. These things work very well and never expiire.

Here's a link

Regards

Actually I have two of those filters, the tablets are easy to carry and gives met another option.

Back