1. Thank you Mossberg Owners for making us the greatest Gun forum on the planet.

First line of defense, Tactical Dog Thread!

Discussion in 'Photo And Video Gallery' started by Rossignol, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Rossignol

Rossignol The Original Sheriff Staff Member Global Moderator Sponsor Forum Moderator

My firearms arent my first line of defense. My dogs are. They alert me to anything out of place, sometimes its a racoon, coyote, or deer in the yard, other times its a car at the end of the road at 2:00 am.

Nope, my firearms are not my first line of defense, but a last resort if needed. My philosophy, the dogs give me enough warning to be prepared and put my family behind the gun, and make a phone call.

This is Judge, an American Bulldog. As good a companion as you could ever ask for. Hes not the brightest bulb in the box, but an amazing animal never the less!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And Gidget, also an American Bulldog, just awesome with the kids!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks Folks!
    Brad.
    Paddywhack 12g likes this.
  2. DHonovich

DHonovich Founder Staff Member Administrator Sponsor "Philanthropist"

My pups are my first line of defense as well. I have a 2.5 year old pitbull named Rex and a 6 mo american bully named Thor. They are the sweetest dogs in the world but their certainly know when someone is not supposed to be there and you know it.
    Rex @ 1 year
    [​IMG]
    Thor @ 4 months
    [​IMG]
    Don Fischer, RAMBO and Paddywhack 12g like this.
  3. OneShot

OneShot .410

I completely agree with you that dogs are the best first line of defense. My pack lets me know whenever anyone is coming around my house. Firearms are always my last resort and luckily haven't had to use one yet.
  4. Rossignol

Rossignol The Original Sheriff Staff Member Global Moderator Sponsor Forum Moderator

Right on! Good lookin dogs too! I'd say 95% of the work I do is for pit bulls! Wonderful wonderful animals! :D
  5. DHonovich

Do you do canine weight pulling with your one? My boy Rex does it on and off.
  6. Rossignol

Yup! We have been working on it a litle at a time. She has no problem with drag weight, and will follow the kids around the yard, doesnt mind the harness a bit! :)
  7. DHonovich

Very nice. Yea my boy absolutely loves pulling. He grew up an athlete though. One of these days I will train consistently with him and enter him in a contest.
  8. Rossignol

lol! Yeah, same here!
  9. E4x4Eric

E4x4Eric .270 WIN

Meet the crew....

Attached Files:

10. AC45ACP

AC45ACP .270 WIN

Well I have 2 Doggers!! Winston is a Tibetan Mastiff He's 5 now and weighs about 160lbs
    and I have my hunting dog Hunter who's a chocolate Lab and he hate's the water and Shotguns :roll:
    he's 5.5 years old and a barker!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    RAMBO likes this.
  11. DHonovich

Great looking dog, you are the first person I have heard of having one of these guys. I have only seen pictures on the internet of them.
  12. Rossignol

lol! Great pics, love the one with the baby!
  13. AC45ACP

AC45ACP .270 WIN

Here's Hunter, my Sissy water hating , Gun scared , bird barkin' Hunting Dog!!!
    aka."The Wife's Dog" :roll:

[​IMG]
    RAMBO, ripjack13 and Paddywhack 12g like this.
  14. Rossignol

haha! I like the dude!
  15. E4x4Eric

E4x4Eric .270 WIN

Lol! i trained my dogs to be gun scared. I rather have them run away from guns than get hurt or die. However they will let me know first before anything else comes up. I live in a bad area and my dogs are my good peace of mind when I sleep at night. I have installed some camera around my house for the just in case I have to shoot for the cort record.
  16. Rossignol

I've never wanted mine to be gun shy, they had better be steady. When they run, we call em 'biscuit eaters' cuz thats all they'll ever be good for! lol! I have a friend that says if they run when you fire, you had better chamber another round and shoot em before they get out range! haha, I'm not that extreem, but some are...

Anyway, the inside dogs do whats callled a 'bark and hold', they dont advance and they dont back off. They arent however 'bite' trained, like K9 units or protection sport trained dogs.
  17. dirksterg30

dirksterg30 .410

My dog is as untactical as the come, like her owner, but here she is:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    RAMBO and greenhavenn like this.
  18. DHonovich

Might be "untactical" but she is a great looking dog!
  19. Rossignol

Heck they dont have to be "tactical" dogs. :) A good dog is a good dog, and thats somethin that cant be replaced by papers or anything else!
    RAMBO and Paddywhack 12g like this.
  20. DaveinCT

DaveinCT 20g

A bunch of nice looking dogs fellas!!!!!!

Definitely and decisively the best first line of defense for any home/family. The loyalty a dog places in it's owner/owners is second to no other animal on this planet..
    RAMBO and Paddywhack 12g like this.