• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

First line of defense, Tactical Dog Thread!

Here's our Border Collie Lab mix, "Bear", excellent warning system...birds, squirrel, UPS :D high kill shelter rescue from KY, serious "job" dog, total "rule the world Border Collie mentality" and quite the lover of a ride in the truck:

IMG_0070.jpg

and our Pit "Dallas", found her outside a convention center in Dallas at a guiatr show, a businessman had found her in a ditch with a broken leg and covered in fleas, emaciated and starving. Her nursed her overnight, bathed her and waited outside with her in a little. My wife and walked by and took her. Went to a clinic in the 'burbs and flew her home when we left. She's about as mean as a stuffed teddy bear, dog stole my heart. Daddy's little girl. :mrgreen:

IMG_0068.jpg

This is Captain James T. Kirk on the right(grown quite a bit since the photo, my wife drove to NC overnight and saved 6 puppies from a kill shelter, he is in bad shape and awaiting a major hip dysplasia surgery. Goofball of a pup,big mouth and absolutely boldly goes EVERYWHERE he should not. species: unknown :lol:

IMG_1274.jpg

Nice work Plexi! Good lookin dogs and I admire what you have done in taking these in!!!

Thanks guys! They are our "kids". Kirk has to go Monday for the surgery evaluation. Poor little guy. We'll get him fixed up and the three of them can finish off my arm sockets on walks. :lol:

Walking Dallas is like walking a bus and playing tug is unyielding. Unbelieveable strength and I'm not a physically weak person. The power that breed has is just freakish. I have never owned a dog that strong...even large breeds. She has had both cruciate ligaments done in her rear legs as well or I would enter her in one of those pulling contests.

I know what youre sayin, my American Bulldogs are the same way!

Rossignol said:
I know what youre sayin, my American Bulldogs are the same way!
Another diesel powered breed. :lol:

I took them this morning...too many squirrels, birds and other critters. She was darting, pulling and well, quite insane over them. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jtlow, thats a good lookin pair of dogs you have there!

Lazy, Great picture man!

Rossignol said:
Jtlow, thats a good lookin pair of dogs you have there!

Lazy, Great picture man!

Thank you, and if I could train my dog to spot it would be great...1 bark left, 2 bark right... :D

Thanks! :lol: He's a trip!

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Haha, nice!

How are the dogs takin to him?

Uhh, some good some not so much... He has already butted a couple of them, and for some reason, my older bulldog that has arthritic hips and doesnt run for anything decided to try and run him down. My big 80 lb male was stalking him. I've never seen any prey drive from Judge. After trying out what we thought were our "low keyed" dogs, I decided against putting our nut job, high drive bulldog out there with him...

Gonna let him get a bit bigger and I'm gonna turn him loose on that nut job freak of nature we call Gidget.

Back