• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

First time out with new Patriot

Frank Wrogg

Copper BB
New member here, Last week I purchased the Mossberg Patriot in 308 caliber with the Walnut Stock and Vortex Scope. From the first shots to the last ones below at 100 yards I could not be happier with the performance, it is just a great shooter. I was shooting the Perfecta 147 gr ammo from Walmart and it seems to perform very well. I could hit a six inch steel plate at about 190 yards consistently with it after zeroing at 100.

Might be one of the best guns I own (I don't have many), certainly one of the best looking and feeling I have.

The flier at 8 o'clock is the first shot at 100 yards, the next three were after some scope adjustments.

28856458571_dc8fd8f107_z.jpg

below is the range I shoot at. It goes out to 150 yards. the target is at 100 yards. Under the hood in the back is steel plates at about 190 yards.
28316838823_c06f2bc5f2_z.jpg

28316837983_c411350dc8_z.jpg

28316840103_3a9f770d3e_z.jpg

Last edited:
Frank, welcome to the forum from E TN. [I was born in WI, but made a recent escape to a warmer climate. I didn't mind cold days. I just hated winter extending into early April.]

It looks like you attempted to post some pix of your .308 Moss Pat targets and range, but I don't see anything but grey circle w/ a - in the middle. What did you use a source? Maybe we can help you out because we love pix here.

Edited after Frank posted the pix successfully. What followed no longer applies.

Last edited:
I think I have the pictures figured out, Was getting bit ultimately by the 1 meg limit. if there are still not working, please post and let me know.

Welcome Frank! I had my doubts when I first bought my patriot but like you, I couldn't be happier! It outshoots my Remington 700sps and Ruger American all day.

Went out again and from the first shot to the last aim did not change, kept nice tight groups after more than 20 shots and a really hot barrel.

Back