• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

First trip to the range

Tim433

so Ibhad the chance to finally shoot my new 308 Patriot. Aside from my inability to get my scope zeroed because I only brought one box of ammo, I really enjoyed shooting this rifle. I was shooting Federal Power-Shock 150gr copper bullets. Can't really comment on how the rifle handled the ammo because I was just having a very hard time trying to even get on paper. Will be going out again next weekend with more ammo and a proper bore sight prior to pulling the trigger.

I did have a couple of feed issues that were 100% operator error. I simply did not pull the bolt open all the way before closing it.

This is my first bolt gun though and first scoped firearm so it's a learning experience for me.

Never hurts to do the new gun ritual I.E. take the scope bases off and clean the oil out of the screw holes with solvent and put it back together with blue lock tight and then check the action screws aren't loose.

Back