• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Fitness for Survival

I finished my first Ultra Race, a 50 mile trail run on Antelope Island, it's quite an event, all the volunteers were great, very helpful to whatever you may need, tie a shoe, fill a bottle, it was awesome to witness.
I didn't do as well as I had hoped, We had a 6am start time and things started off great, Elephant Head, Split Rock, the Switchbacks and back around to the Start/finish where I made a quick detour to where my wife was taking a nap in our vehicle after the 25K course, to say hi and get a kiss, then I was off to the Mountain corridor to run to Garr Ranch, I made it to Garr Ranch which is mile 33, by 12:15pm, which was ahead of schedule, I was about to head out back north when I saw my wife Michelle who was dropping off a friends wife to pace him the last 17 miles, so I hung out for about a half hour, I was in no hurry, Hell I had six hours to finish, right?
Things quickly went south after a few miles, on my left foot, I couldn't run as there was horrible shooting pain in the ball of my foot, so I managed best I could and walked the last 12-13 miles and finished 30 minutes before the cutoff at 6pm.
It was a great event! However at the moment I have ZERO want to do another anytime soon...
Here is a map of the route.

Buffalo%20Run%2050-100mi.jpg

Great race!!!!!

,,,,,,how was the stew?:D

Awesome! It's amazing how hungry you can get ;)

Just finishing a race like that is a huge achievement most people will never experience.

Congratulations Sir...

There was a spot 5 miles from the finish which was real close to the Start/Finish, where I thought about throwing in the towel, but I only had a few miles to go.
It is mind over matter at times, I'm glad I finished!
Thank you sir!

Well Done!!!!

Longest race I've ever finished was a 10 miler.

You finished which is more than a vast majority of others have or ever will do. Mad props!

I felt the same way after finishing my 10 mile race yet the next year I was ready to do it again. Embrace the Suck!!!! LOL

Back