• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Flawless new 930 SPX

S

s6275

AimPro tri-rail w/ Magpul XTM covers, RSA QD, and AFG
S&J magazine extension with green Delrin follower, spring, & bayonet lug

No cleaning. No oiling. Straight out of the box (besides the mentioned upgrades), it slung 100 00 buck rounds without a hitch. Amazing.

IMG_8866.jpg

Mine is gonna look really similar to this sometime this week. I can't wait!!!

Sent from my Apple Newton in 1993 with 640k of RAM

Congrats. It was awesome. The S&J tube extension/ follower/ spring is highly recommended.

So my 930 JM already has a the same length tube. What would the spring and follower get me?

Well...I actually LOST a round of mag capacity (compared to stock)...but the S&J extension is machined steel, so it's straight and it's not going anywhere.

Their follower is high-visibility green delrin, which is often described as "self-lubricating." As I mentioned, besides changing out the extension (including spring and follower) and the forend, the operating system of the SPX was bone dry (which someone recommended to me to shorten/ cheapen the "break-in period"), straight out of the box. I was approached (and interrupted) by several people at the range who had questions. I was indoors, but at 50 feet we blasted the red out of a silhouette target with 00 buck.

s6275 said:
AimPro tri-rail w/ Magpul XTM covers, RSA QD, and AFG
S&J magazine extension with green Delrin follower, spring, & bayonet lug

No cleaning. No oiling. Straight out of the box (besides the mentioned upgrades), it slung 100 00 buck rounds without a hitch. Amazing.

IMG_8866.jpg

I will probably be selling the factory forend and the unused Choate magazine extension w/ spring. With a Monte Carlo stock on the way, (didn't fit right with the S&J tube).

Please check your PM's

Looks like I keep forgetting to mention GG&G's rear QD sling socket...so there's that.

Nothing to bash on (so far). I am going to try some bulk target loads next time, but if it won't cycle on those, guess what? I won't put those in it any more. ;)

UPDATE 2: Winchester White Box = thumbs down. Ah well.

I will agree with this.

I can typically get about 6 rounds of the White box rounds out before I have a malfunction. It doesn't seem to matter it I am going cyclic or if I am taking my time. Double feeds, stovepipes, FTE, you name it. It just doesn't seem to have the oomph required to cycle that action reliably.

Make sure to put locktite on all screws that you want to keep. They have a habit of abandoning ship...

Back