• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

FN Herstal

Been looking at getting back to some long range shooting again. Did some finagling and ended ended up with what I wanted:

20130225_082337_zps9ae1ce2c.jpg

20130225_082324_zpsc437f161.jpg

20130225_082304_zps926fc96b.jpg

Yes sir, I got it in a trade. Still had the factory lube on it, that and the last owner apparently doused it in Hoppes 9 for "storage". I think he just didn't want to take it apart to clean it. Understandably so I guess, as it was a bit more tedious than the average 500 so to speak.

I think I'm going to get some different scope rings, those are just a riser and rings I happened to have that would fit and work with that Nikon.

What kind of rail is on that PS90 you have there? I've always liked those but I couldn't get over the way the civilian barrel looks. That blends really well with it

The Ps90 quad-rail is made by a company called ACM out of Hong Kong. It's aircraft grade aluminum, very solid, but was actually designed for the airsoft version of the Ps90. Picked it up for about $30 and took about a month to get here. Required a bit of modification to fit, but I made it work. There was only one company here in the U.S. that offered a similar quad-rail for $699, but they have gone outta business...

Thanks.

It's just a stop-gap, 'til I get around to turning it into an SBR. Not too high on the priority list right now though, especially since 5.7 ammo has become harder to find than an honest politician...

Out-freakin-standing!!!

You're gonna love it. Glad I'll have someone here to compare notes with. Been finding plenty of 5.7 ammo around lately, decent prices too...

Out-freakin-standing!!!

You're gonna love it. Glad I'll have someone here to compare notes with. Been finding plenty of 5.7 ammo around lately, decent prices too...

Thank you!
Agreed on the ammo and prices, I have about 1K on hand, but one can never have enough, I have broken it down, fairly straight forward, but I need to read up on loading the magazines, it came with 3, 2-50's and 30, I like then red dot site as well, I need to get a lanyard for the cap though.

When loading the mags I hold it follower end up, then line up the round tip down with the primer end about halfway into the follower channel. Push the round down and to the rear and it will make a quarter turn on the way in. Repeat as necessary... ;)

I looked into one of the brass catchers, $52 :eek: Seriously?!? I have one for my AR that doesn't seem to work well, I may adjust it to fit the PS90

I didn't get a ton of personal time with the rifle last night, I hope to tonight, sadly I don't know when I will be able to get a range report either :(

Works well for me.

The coupler and second mag actually helped improve my cheek weld with the EOTech's higher line of sight. I'll tell ya the best thing I added to it was the brass catcher. The little 5.7 cases can be a royal pain in the @$$ to hunt down in gravel. Instead, I just unzip the bottom and empty it all out at once.

You shot it yet?

I'm interested in your thoughts after you've sent a few. You think ammo goes fast in the Five-seveN, just wait...

Not shot it yet, hope too soon, looking at things, I may get a shot(see that!) on Sunday.
I will see what I can accomplish with my AR brass catcher, it would work perfectly dropping right into it, but on an AR, the material folds and blocks the ejection port.

Picked mine up for $29.99 several years back, but now they're selling for $60.

I've seen over on the FN forum where some folks are using a hollowed out AR magazine...

I will look into that, I saw some pic, but no details...
I did manage to load up a magazine, with the help of YouTube, and I put a lanyard on the RDS cover, sometimes it's the little things.

Back