• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

folding stock for 0lder moss 500a

plutonium

Copper BB
I am new on the site and to my over 18 year old moss500 pump 12 gauge.... bought it and never shot it.... i want to put a folding stock on it.. Has the frame / stock mount or anything change as far as stock fit happen in the last 15 years... and what folding stock best fit the m 500. please reply and thanks in advance.... still learning about the weapon

welcome from NY. you found a great site and a great crew.
get a chance,,post some pics of the old moss. :)

its looks just the same as the new moss 500 saw one yesterday at big 5 for 399.00 short and long barrel set ....... the difference is i had a solid wood forearm and stock on mine its the home defender series i think ....500a.... it comes with the long and 18 inch barrel set... and its a gloss black not a powder black when i finish with it it will look like this....

Attachments

• quad shotgun (200x150) (3).jpg
    quad shotgun (200x150) (3).jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 94
Plutonium,

From my understanding any stock you find that will fit the 500/590 should fit your gun. The only issue I am aware of if your gun is that old, is the receiver may not be factory drilled and tapped. Do a google search, check out some of the vendors on this sight, or try amazon.

Have fun, and make sure you post pictures of your gun/build in the 500 forum.

Welcome!

Frank

Back