• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Ford 6.8l v10?

I've heard that John. My buddy had a Expedition that would use a few a year, his current F150 is not as bad but he had replaced at least one in the last few yers that I know of

I need to familiarize myself a little better at diagnosing that. I had no check engine light or anything to point me in that direction.

My chevys only had one coil. The CRV has one per plug but I've never had a problem with it in the 360K we've been driving it...aside from a torn boot that was my mistake changing plugs in it last week.

So far I'm liking it. Interesting to learn a new engine. Similar to what I am famiar with but also different in many subtle ways.

I did order some nerf bars. The truck sets to high for anyone else in my family to get into without steps, and it is only the stock suspension.

Once I would have been chomping at the bit to lift it and mod it out. Now I am just content to leave it as is and not complicate my life by altering all the drive angles and wearkng parfs even faster. Besids, its going to be hard enough to lift a deer into the bed as it is. LOL the only other thing I may add as is a tonneau cover.

The reason those coils go bad is because they're at the top of the engine in the hottest part of the engine bay, and modern engines are suffering due to limited air circulation under the hood. Go pop the hood on a 55 Chevy truck and you'll see what I mean. Those things had air circulation. Modern vehicles have the stuff jammed in so tight under the hood that you can't see thru.

Anyhow heat kills electrical items and it kills those coils. Additional air circulation would definitely help

I would suggest maybe louvering the hood if you live in a hot climate. Get rid of the hood sound deadening blanket too of course.

There are lots of cars that you really don't want to own if you live here in the desert because they don't survive the heat well and yet they are perfectly fine cars in Michigan.

Thats all I have at the moment, I'll take some tomorrow.
7fe78c3e7e86aa5395903e21965bd84a.jpg

Im a chevy guy but i like it tough lookin truck Congratulations hope you have many years good service from it.

OK, here are some pic's, the first two were taken when I test drove it before they detailed it. (sorry I had already offloaded it from my phone when I posted the other pic)

F350_front_001.jpg

The wet spot under the truck was not from the truck. I kind of wish it still had the emblem up front but the blackout grill is kind of menacing. Don't know why but I actually like the lights on the cab.

F350_Back_001.jpg

F350_Left_001.jpg

F350_Right_001.jpg

The spot on the bottom of the passenger door is the worst spot on the truck. The tires looked brand new.

F350_Left_002.jpg

A little bigger than my Chevy

I got the side steps installed last night. It was dark when I finished so no pics yet.

The install was pretty easy but the underbody rust is worse then I thought. It may not look pretty in the future but no older car truck that gets used does.

I still need to replace the passengers side mirror (electric motor is seized up) and put new locking hubs on it, the right side is stuck open. These were both things that were noted as needing repair before I bought it and were factored into the price. The mirror I could have made do with but it was just an annoyance. Besides aftermarket parts are cheap.

Back