• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Forearm Mounted Magpul Rail

BRL

.22LR
I was looking at some extended magazine tubes that had the clamps attached between them and the barrel, with Picatinny rails built onto the clamps, and while I liked the idea of adding a flashlight to one of those rails, I decided that I did not want to have to remove the clamp every time I wanted to remove the barrel and forearm for cleaning, and really didn't want to chance buying a possible unreliable tube either.

So I found a Magpul rail section and a 1" scope ring in my gun box and attached them to the side of the forearm instead.

But what I like most about the rail at that location is how well the cheap Costco flashlight lights up the front bead, as if the bead itself had a built in light...hadn't considered that initially! :)

The night picture of the shotgun pointing at some tree sections was taken without using a flash and the flashlight really lights up the area more than the camera shows.

Thanks for the kind words old mossy, I sure hope it works ok, I still haven't tried it out yet.

Kind of worried about the possibility of that flashlight disassembling itself during recoil, or even worse, launching a big chunk of forearm and mount off to the right. :oops:

Oh well suppose I could locate a new forearm if the worst happens...um...I'm talking about the shotgun's forearm of course...

Seems fairly strong though, the setup can support an empty suspended shotgun.

Nice work.

I imagine it'll be just fine. We've seen shell holders and even forward grips screwed into the 930 forend that've held up to recoil. Keep us posted...

So I left out of here at 5AM this morning to walk out into the woods and test out my flashlight setup, and it was a resounding SUCCESS! :cool:

Fired off some Winchester 2 3/4" #8 shot, some Federal #8 shot, and then fired off the strongest load I had on hand which was some Win. 2 3/4" OO Buck, and I was watching to see if the flashlight would "blink out" under recoil, but it did not.

There was almost a full moon out this morning but it was still plenty dark out there deep in the sticks!

I wasn't worried about any scary monsters though, I had my semi-auto 12 gauge blaster with me! :D

Back