1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to view and order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

Forearm preference...

Discussion in 'Mossberg 590 Shockwave' started by Elbert Garrett, Jul 20, 2018.

?

Forearm preference...

1. Corn Cob

8 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. Magpul

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Elbert Garrett

Elbert Garrett 20g Supporter

Which forearm do you prefer, stock corn cob or modified Magpul?
    Tacticool or enhanced performance?
  2. John A.

John A. I'm "THAT" guy Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

I appreciate both. I do like traditional wood and blued steel. But I have nothing against a well made plastic forearm either. And with the handstop on the magpul, I can see where it would give you a little better control.

If you stiple the magpul with a small soldering iron or wood burner, really textures it up with little time in the project.

While not on a shotgun, here's some stipling I did on the handguard, front grip and mag on my Colt. It's a little rougher texture than skateboard tape and won't lose it's sticky and peel off over time either.

The stipling looks a little better on black than OD to me. Stipled OD gives it more of a football texture look. Still works great though.

[​IMG]
  3. pepi

pepi .410

Corn for me ... Since I turned that DaBasted hand sling around
  4. Tomac

Tomac .410

Bobbed Hogue for me (took 1.5" off the front).

PC160001.JPG
    Elbert Garrett likes this.
  5. Elbert Garrett

I actually have one of those still brand new in the package and it does has a great feel to it!
  6. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ 12g Supporter

Right now I got nothing as I have broken my Boyds foregrip.

It's not a corn cob and it's not a Magpul, so I don't get to vote.

I definitely vote for stippling, and against skateboard tape or anything with sticky glue on it that you put on your gun. That stuff attracts dirt which is okay on a skateboard cuz you're stepping on it. Not for guns, and it gets loose when it warms up so it's not a good deal.

Actually I don't even use skateboard tape on my skateboards anymore. I shoot them with urethane paint and lay on some man-made aquarium sand by hand.

I live in the desert and I just got tired of that griptape getting loose every time it was hot.
  7. Tomac

Tomac .410

NOTE: I re-measured the bobbed Hogue, and I took 1-1/8" off the front, not 1.5".
  8. Elbert Garrett

Agreed, I`m not a fan of adhesives being applied to my firearms! I`m using a stippled grip my Justin Potts and love it!

101_8656.JPG

I haven`t decided what to do yet if anything but I appreciate it....thanks! I`ll need to get that tool if I end up using the Houge.
    Sniffler and D3ZINER like this.
  9. MOTOR51

MOTOR51 Copper BB

I have a magpul one from GGGAZ coming in today I hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  10. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ 12g Supporter

I have still not fixed my broken Boyd's but I intend to bed it solid with epoxy and fiberglass. After that I'm thinking I might Inlet some rubber grips into the forestock.
  11. Elbert Garrett

I went with the Magpul, no regrets!

102_9136.JPG
    r neville and CaddmannQ like this.