• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Forend options looking for recommendations

I’m referring to a detachable foregrip on the forend. Sorry
Ah. That's perfectly legal.

It is not legal to put a vertical foregrip on a pistol or any firearm that was designed to be fired with 1 hand.

The Shockwave is not a pistol and was not designed to be operated with 1 hand. So a vertical foregrip is legal.

Looking for a FLAT magazine cap for the Shockwave. I don't like the big crowned one that comes with the gun; just a flat one like some of the Remingtons have. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Gunhand,

How about some photos showing the clearance to the barrel? How much modification is needed to have a heat shield clear the Magpul forearm?

If you can, a few photos of your Magpul forearm, from the top, showing the forearm and barrel clearance may help those of us who have a heat shield decide if the Magpul forearm will work on our guns and what modifications might be needed.

If you can, a few photos of your Magpul forearm, from the top, showing the forearm and barrel clearance may help those of us who have a heat shield decide if the Magpul forearm will work on our guns and what modifications might be needed.

Rico stated in another thread that he has heard back from GGG AZ and they said the heat shield won't work with the Magpul forend

View attachment 16605

My modified Magpul M-Lock forend from GGG AZ, and a Inforce WML installed and operational.
I very much like the Magpul forend I have on my 590A1, but I also very much like my fingers. I need to pull my 590A1 out of the safe and see if there’s a good way of fitting a hand strap to it - if there is, I might make the switch to Magpul on my Shockwave.

I very much like the Magpul forend I have on my 590A1, but I also very much like my fingers. I need to pull my 590A1 out of the safe and see if there’s a good way of fitting a hand strap to it - if there is, I might make the switch to Magpul on my Shockwave.

I haven't uploaded a picture yet, but I had a spare magpul forend laying around and dremmeled it to fit the Shockwave's short action tube. It took some time and lots of test fitting, but it was easy. Just my opinion, but if you mount a flashlight at the 9 or 6'oclock position using the m-lok rails, it'll act as a very effective hand stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 16605
My modified Magpul M-Lock forend from GGG AZ, and a Inforce WML installed and operational.

I have and love the GG&G modded Magpul forend on my Shockwave. I tried using an MFT Torch w/short M-Lok rail (lightweight, low profile), but testing at the range resulted in recoil causing the end of the rail to painfully impact the tip of my thumb, so I was forced to move the Torch to the 3 o'clock side of the hand guard.

Have you fired your setup yet and, if so, how do you avoid the impacts I'm experiencing? Thx!...

Tomac

Attachments

• PA100004s.jpg
    PA100004s.jpg
    643.1 KB · Views: 32
The Magpul fore grip is a nice upgrade for the Shockwave. Congratulations to Gunhand and Tomac and thanks for the pictures.

Looking for a FLAT magazine cap for the Shockwave. I don't like the big crowned one that comes with the gun; just a flat one like some of the Remingtons have. Any suggestions?

Did you find what you were looking for? It would look good.

I have and love the GG&G modded Magpul forend on my Shockwave. I tried using an MFT Torch w/short M-Lok rail (lightweight, low profile), but testing at the range resulted in recoil causing the end of the rail to painfully impact the tip of my thumb, so I was forced to move the Torch to the 3 o'clock side of the hand guard.

Have you fired your setup yet and, if so, how do you avoid the impacts I'm experiencing? Thx!...

Tomac

I too found out the hard way that the light mounted at the 9 o'clock position will inflict a very painful shot to my thumb. I will be moving it to the 3 o'clock position as well.

I will probably eventually end up making furniture from exotic wood, as thats what Im good at. The difficult thing will be keeping it light. Exotic wood is heavy, and I'm thinking my shockwave is already heavy enough.

I just installed a GG&G modified Magpul forend on my Shockwave. I’d like to provide a bit more protection for the racking hand - a handstop that doesn’t take up much of the forend, or maybe a strap. Has anyone tried anything like this? I’m not interested in a handstop that takes up the forward third of the forend.

I just installed a GG&G modified Magpul forend on my Shockwave. I’d like to provide a bit more protection for the racking hand - a handstop that doesn’t take up much of the forend, or maybe a strap. Has anyone tried anything like this? I’m not interested in a handstop that takes up the forward third of the forend.
I hear ya. The stock one also tears up your hand from the frayed ends that were melted and screwed.

I hear ya. The stock one also tears up your hand from the frayed ends that were melted and screwed.

I made leather straps for both of my Shockwaves. I reversed the straps so that now the screws are on the outside. You give up some size by doing that, but I sized the straps with a grove on, so there is still plenty of room. It's not the prettiest, but it is very functional.

KNw46fa.jpg

Back