• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Forend or mag tube mounted light on 590a1?

DTL

Looking at options to mount a light on my a1. My big question is: is it better to have a forend mounted light or a magazine tube mounted light? I'm planning on using something along the lines of a tlr1 for the light which will work for either method. Just want to see what most users opinions are regarding forend mount or magazine tube mount. Thanks

DTL,
It's a personal preference but I'm a fan of the tube mounted light. This way it can be easily removed if required. Also you have more positioning options.
I like mine mounted so I can get to the end cap on/off switch with the thumb of my forend hand.

Glad to hear the mag tube mount is preferred. I really like some of the options cdm gear offers for mag tube mounts.

I will go against the grain and say I prefer a forend mounted light. Easier to keep your thumb on the switch while cycling the action, and if you use something like the Magpul forend there are a myriad of methods and positions to mount in. I use the Magpul MLok forend and an Inforce WML, works great for me.

I never thought about those two opposite schools of thought.

My slide has the flashlight built into the forearm and and I really don't like that arrangement because this one is bulky.
20161107_082731.jpg

It is easy to switch but I cannot keep a really good grip on it. I could put a strap on it but I feel that in an emergency the strap could be as likely a liability as an asset.

I'd like to have the light on the mag tube and the switch on the pump. Then maybe I can sell this huge forearm light to somebody with size XXL hands.

Last edited:
Back