• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Front sight question

tenth_gen

Copper BB
I've noticed that 590A1's can come with two different front sight bases. One is solid and one is machined out.

I've gathered that the solid one is more common. Does anyone know what models use the machined out front base?

Thanks

mossbergs1.jpg mossbergs2.jpg

OP. I just did a quick check on the Mossy web site. I looked at just the 590A1 models with GRS or XS sighting systems. It looks like both solid and the lightened bases are used. If you believe the pictures of the various models then you should be able to determine what model gets what base.
If you are basing your purchase on this particular feature then I would call Mossberg to confirm. It may be that this is a supply chain issue and they install whatever base is in stock.
Good luck and keep us posted.

Figured it out. The "skeletonized" front sight with the white accent is used with an XS sight ghost ring / pic rail and the solid front sight with the orange accent is used with mossberg's own rear ghost ring sight

Back