• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Front Sling Swivel

Tanker

.270 WIN
Hello
Curious as to the placement of the front sling swivel for the Model 500.
On mine, it is attached to the end of the magazine screw cap. On others , I see it attached to the bottom of the barrel lug (which I like better as it seems to hang more natuurally).
Any thoughts on these? Ron

,,,don't really know the answer to which have it on the lug and which don't. my older 500 persuader 20" has it on the barrel lug.
i guess you could drill and tap the barrel lug to accept a swivel stud.

I believe the older models have in on the bottom of the barrel lug and newer models have it on the cap. Not sure what year they started doing it that way, but my '94/95 model has it on the bottom.

I prefer the stud threaded into the bbl. lug. My gunsmith did one for me a few years ago but the current SG has the hole in the mag cap screw. Both work well. Your choice.YMMV. tom.

I agree. Being on the cap , I think it would rub or be prevented form laying flat. I really don't think I will go to the expense of drilling and tapping (having a gunsmith do it). Maybe I don't even need a sling! Can't see me carryign this for long distances.The whole purpose was to get an inexpensive good quality shotgun. At 292.00 total including all my fees ( Bud's did give me my military discount, I thin I accomplished that. Ron

deputy tom said:
I prefer the stud threaded into the bbl. lug. My gunsmith did one for me a few years ago but the current SG has the hole in the mag cap screw. Both work well. Your choice.YMMV. tom.

,,,,looking at this pic,i don't really think i matters.

Attachments

• sling mount.jpg
    sling mount.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 235
I like that green parkerizing. Is that yours?
IF so, when you push the sling swivel to the rea, does it stop before making contact with the magazine cap? Ron

old mossy said:
,,,,looking at this pic,i don't really think i matters.

Not the best pic as it was quick indoors. Parkerizing doesn't show up well in them here.

Attachments

• rifle.jpg
    rifle.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 220
Back