• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Full Auto 12 ga

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Just curious if any of you guys would use a full auto 12 gauge?

Reason being is I have had a registered SMG for a while and it looks like AA is going to be making a 12 gauge conversion upper for it using the aguila mini shells.

Sorry that I don't have any pics yet, but they just got the ATF tech branch approval this week and they haven't gotten the demo upper back from them yet.

I know my next project was going to be upgrading my 500 but this sounds like it may cut in line and a fun way to blast through a 20 round drum to me though. :twisted:

Page 7 (starting at post 124)
http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showthrea ... t-a-turn!!!)&p=532193#post532193

More info here:
We decided to Reveal the Caliber Due to the many Requests.
Our intent is to Provide a 20 Rd enclosed Drum with an external Winder.
It Will Be machined from 6061 Billet Alluminum Hard anodized with steel Feed
Lips Designed to fit the 1-3/4 Mini Shell From Aguila.
Give us Your thoughts on the Project.
162922.jpg

We Have spent Alot of time in The Design process, Our Goal was to keep customers from having to purchase a seperate complete upper,
this Was a bit of a challenge due to the 12 Ga. Barrel being centered in the upper VS. the Pistol Calibers being Below center.
Also The Barrel Diameters huge difference!
Thus the reason For More Time Being spent on the AMP 10 Release
I BelieveThose on the list will find it's worth the wait to have the first Full Auto 12 Ga. Mac
We are going to put the 12 Ga Caliber Conversion list up on the website tonight for those who wish to get on it.

Yes It will knock it down With Buck shot and slugs,The buckshot travels at the same velocity as the 2-3/4 Loads With a 5/8 ounce shot load.
We are Going to offer modified reloading equipment for the mini shells if it goes over well.(as a Reloading tip you can get 6 number #1 buck .30 cal balls at 1200 FPS. per shell)

Awesome John...!!
I myself would have no need for a full auto 12...and I'm definitely not saying that no one should own one...but damn if it wouldn't great to be able to rock and roll with one once in awhile.

So, the only shells this thing shoots is the 1-3/4 Mini Shell From Aguila !?
Ya know, I think I bought a box of them one time just as a addition to my collection of ammo...never fired one tho...recoil must be very mild.

I really lookin' forward to checking it out when you post the pics !!

The thing with M10A1's, contrary to popular belief, they do have a selector for semi or full. :lol:

I'm just trying to picture it in my head :ugeek: .

They've just now got the go ahead from tech branch so it'll be a little while before they are available commercially, but I am interested.

AA said they'll offer a demo as long as they forward it to the next in line.

I may go that route at first.

But being on a registered SMG, I'm sure it'll have a short barrel as well so very compact

I don't usually get very excited about new gun stuff, but this is one of those times.

John A. said:
The thing with M10A1's, contrary to popular belief, they do have a selector for semi or full. :lol:

Yea...I know that much ! :lol: ...Hope it works out for ya....the whole concept is awesome in my book.

Oooooh... :shock: I will be requiring pics as they become available so I can drool on my keyboard.

I dont think I would let Allison anywhere near a full auto shotgun. Shooting would become significantly more expensive.

Full Auto? While I want to drool on one, and maybe stop by your place and even fire one briefly, I will say no. :mrgreen:

I'll keep the thread updated as stuff progresses.

I'm not positive I'm going to be able to get one (price and all) but I like the idea of it.

I imagine that it's going to have about a 8 inch barrel, they confirmed a 20 round drum mag.

I like the idea. That would be a lot of firepower in a small package.

While its fun to know that they EXIST, I would take a high capacity Semi any day.
With the auto I think you'll just run out of ammo faster without hitting more.

You can mag dump a good semi auto pretty quickly.

Here you go....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpYbXB0GFN4&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/youtube]

12 rounds in 1.73 seconds

That is cool but not everyone can shoot like that I don’t care what they are shooting. That commercial is like Michael Jordan trying to sell you a basketball saying “look what it will do”….plus I wouldn’t want to run around with a long SG like that, my 8 shot is bordering too long at times

Well...
The original question was "would any of you guys use a full auto Shotgun".
My answer is No, considering what can be done with a great Semi Auto

I wonder who cleans up after him? :roll: :lol:

Back