• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

GA Arms finally has some 147gr 9x19

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
After more than a year, they finally got around to putting some more canned heat on their site.

Not much good (and affordable) 147 has been available anywhere in so long, I can't remember where I bought it at last and has subsequently hampered shooting as much as I want.

Should be a perfect match for the 12" X 20" IDPA / IPSC AR500 target I found. :D

Before anyone asks, I have some reloading equipment, but am not all the way there yet. Maybe by the next time I want to buy ammo, I'll be set up to roll my own.

But in the meantime...I know that GA is good stuff.

I've just about run out of 147 gr fmj - my 9mm IDPA (and other) match bullets. If Saturday's match runs (a lot of snow and temps staying well below freezing but 3 in a row - ARG!) I'm loaded with 124s for the first time.

A lot of shooters look to GA as a good value and quality company. I shot Fed. AM Eagle 147 for a while, then GA before i started reloading. 147 + 4gr WSF has been my staple for a couple of years. I just could not keep 147 bullets in stock and if I did I was brand hopping.

I view thw switch to 124 as temporary - I hope!!!

I inherited a set of 9mm dies, old rock chucker single press, two lee hand held press that I use strictly for de-priming because it's convenient being able to sit around while still doing something productive, and I have a bunch of 9mm brass and few small pistol primers.

But no powder measure or powder or components.

I know I need to stop procrastinating, but I just have.

The main reason why I like the 147's is that's what I use in my carbines and through the can because it's quieter and the round nose feed better with the double stack mags/bolt.

at least primes and powder are making a come back, I got a couple pounds 3131 , couple Blue Dot , unique and bullseye yesterday. They must have had 100 pound shipment come in.
Primers are scattered, projos are getting better. If you got a scale you can do without a powder measurer till you get one

Back