• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Gander Mountain going out of business!!!

Well ive been stopping in periodically lookin for a deal on something. Looks like some things are starting to drop finally. Especially in the clothing and shoe area. Not so much in the firearms or ammo still pretty silly prices at my local store. BUT i did grab a lil scope for what seemed to be a decent price for my 10/22 i was starting to have trouble seeing irons after many years. Picked up a BSA sweet 22 3x9x40 i believe its an older model has front paralax adjustment vs the side adjustment but should be fine for me. I never had a BSA before im kinda partial to better glass but what the well try it. I was looking at scopes and told salesman i was thinking of something for my 10/22 he disappeared and returned from back with this one said i could have for 29.00 bucs. So i did.
Wish me luck.
Ps my lil 10.22 is a 1980 model i recieved as a birthday present in my teens. carbine with no barrel band still shoots nice tiny clover leaf groups. I tell anyone who doesnt own one they should.
1496445565380-237398556.jpg 1496445606444254420571.jpg

Last edited:
I'm doing the same...stopping in once a week to see if the prices are dropping below normal prices everywhere else.

10% on some Firearms....
15% on some Ammo...
20% on some Clothes...

I'll wait 'em out... if and when the SIG's drop below $600

Firearms at the Dothan store are still laughable. Felt bad watched a couple buying a Ruger AR15 took everything i had not to yell fire run away !!!!!! Theres literally an Academy 2 blocks away in one direction and a LGS 1 mile other direction either place they would have saved couple hundred bucs i bet. Im betting the guns wont really drop and be transferred to their new stores Gander Outdoors.

Yea...Probably right.

I'm lucky to still have three local Mom & Pop Gun Stores ...as well as four local Indoor and two Outdoor ranges in my general area.

Now the Camping Outdoors parent company is running a stupid contest: Design the "new" Gander Outdoors Logo.

http://www.gandermountain.com/

Chances are my local Gander Mountain...only going on two years old...will become a Gander Outdoors.

Change the Name...Price the Same. ( Hey...a New Slogan ) :rolleyes:

Gander never made it to Fresno but we did finally get a Sportsman's Outlet. I try not to shop there, but they do have some things no one else in town carries.

I've never actually bought a gun in a big store like that. Every one I own has been bought from one small local Merchant or another.

About half of them originally came by way of Davidsons, but sold and delivered by an independent local dealer.

"Camping World, the nation’s largest recreational vehicle dealer, led the investor group that paid $38 million for Gander Mountain’s intellectual property, store leases and its Overtons boating business, during an April 28 auction. Lemonis said a separate liquidation company bought the store inventory currently on sale across the country."

Key word here is "liquidation company". Any ongoing "liquidation" sale I've ever been to (ie: Bldg. 19, Lechmere, Circuit City, K-Mart), has been a severe waste of time. I've even approached "managers" about package deals and there were none to be had. Maybe it is a "right place-right time" thingy--you have to be there when they lower the prices for the month. Look for the liquidation to continue slowly and throughout the summer. Nothing to see (or buy) here--move along... ;)

The liquidation company bought the inventory Now they, not Gander Mtn., is trying to profit from it by setting the prices.

Final day for the Dothan gander mountain was today so i took a ride. Store was basically bare some clothes shoes fishing stuff and a very little bit of shooting items. No guns or optics no clue where those went i know they werent sold. I scrounged around heres what i got lol:
4 packs of cleaning patches .50cent a bag
2 small bottles CLP .50 cent a piece
10 pairs of shoulder length game cleaning gloves for a crazy .05 cents a pair.
4 boxes of 20 guage Remington Sluggers 5/8 rifled slugs 1.49 a box. They only had the 4 boxes. Im guessing these are probably like musket balls after 50 yards. I dont own a slug gun but maybe I can use in my old 500 for close range in the couple shotgun only areas on base.
I think i was outa there for 10 bucs bye bye gander mountain.

Back