• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Glock

Can you guys recommend some upgrade parts please for a 3 re gen Glock 30.

First I want a set of quality tritium night sights, trijicon seems to be well regarded.
Extended slide release. Factory seems to be liked.
Lighter trigger ?
Plus 2 for magazines.
Talon grip tape for grip.

What say you mossberg owners.

First I want a set of quality tritium night sights, trijicon seems to be well regarded.
Lighter trigger ?
Plus 2 for magazines.

- Take a look into Meprolight night sights as well as Trijicon.

- Put a few hundred rounds through it and that trigger will be perfect. Polish the contact surfaces if you want, but I wouldn't mess with installing a lighter trigger until you've shot it for a while. Everyone I know that's put a lighter aftermarket trigger in a Glock has gone back to factory pretty soon after.

- I use Pearce Grip extensions on mine.

Can't speak to the slide release or grip tape since I've never used either...

Hey Deog, I went around my pistol some.
I went after the trigger first with a recommended disconnector ......the way to a lighter trigger on a Glock. I researched and found all the disconnectors had some complaints about finicky reset and mushy feeling trigger.
The one I for seemed to have the most positive feedback without going full trigger replacement.
While the pull was lighter, it break was sure enough sponge like, no real break to it.
I tried it for a little bit and I shot a tad better with it however it didn't reset a few times and decided to go back to dead reliable stock.

I then gave it the polish. I polished all the trigger parts and friction points....all a bunch of flat bent metal.
I didn't think it would do much since the trigger parts seemed smooth, being stamped out of a sheet rather than machined.
I was surprised at how much this improved the trigger . It still had a good definite break and the awesome Glock reset but the trigger felt lighter and crisper.

I also had to address the recoil spring due to the 29 being tuned for off the shelf ammo, full power 10 is too much for the stock recoil spring so I went from a 17 to a 21 and again way surprised at the results
It ejected better and more consistent , seemed to be less violent and batter the pistol less on recoil and it just locks the pistol back up fast and tight......sounds weird but that too improved my shooting

Along with the spring change I included a two piece stainless recoil spring rod.
Nothing wrong with the stock plastic unit, just that mine was the captured spring style and I just thought what the hell
I read all over that changing it out on a Glock is stupid bla bla.....but mine has a bunch of rounds on it and it's been great no issues and it is a lot nicer piece than the stock unit

Mine has the factory night sights. I like them, they aren't for target shooting but are a good sight for all around
If I have really come close to trying the XS big dot but haven't , I still might.....that's all I have to offer

Have you tried the Pierce pinky extension ?

Lighter trigger ?
Plus 2 for magazines.

Is this your carry gun? HD?

If you carry much after dark the night sight recommendations are solid. I use my Glocks for multiple purposes and have fiber optic sights backed up with a flash light. I don't carry a lot after dark. The fiber optics serve me well in competition (34, 22 & 41).

I got used to the factory extended slide stop and mag release on the 34 and added them to the others. Strange that the 41 did not come with them. Most aftermarket are close in design. It's an easy and affordable upgrade.

Lighter trigger? How long have you shot your current trigger? 5.5 is pretty good. I've moved to 4.5 to make mine all uniform ( with the 34) but the trigger is something you should change with a specific goal in mind. "Why / how will it improve my shooting?!" Is always a good question to ask before spending and doctoring!! (IMHO).

I have Pearce +2/3 and like them fine. They are often +1 on a 45. When I carry big I often take the + mag as a backup to keep the overall size down. An extended mag is the biggest part of a 'print'. With OC I still use a cover garment - not looking to draw MWAG attention (personal preference).

Never felt the need for grip tape, personally.

Last edited:

Lighter trigger ?
Plus 2 for magazines.

1) Trijicon, Meprolight, AmeriGlo, Glock OEM are all good and can be had for <$100. I have Trijicon standard and HD, Aro-Tek, Meprolight, and Glock OEM. All are good sights and all have their +'s & -'s.
2) Glock OEM is a good release and can be had for <$20. I have Aro-Tek releases on my carry guns and Glock OEM on my GSSF guns.
3) If you are wanting a +2 plate for a G30 10 round mag, you might as well just carry a G21 mag. The way the floor plate is on the 10 rounder you will have it sticking out anyway. Either way, Scherer makes a +2 plate as well as Pearce.
4) Talon grips are great for what they are. Skateboard tape cut to fit works too.

Deog,If you want to try the Pierce base plates pm me your address and you can have mine......if you don't like them you can give them to someone else . They offer no additional rounds but most folks like the feel of them

Thanks for the offer OLI. Give them to someone local to you, I will pick some up at my lgs.

Tomorrow lax ammo is having a parking lot sale. My list is ready, and will get an early start.

Cheers.

My latest Glock - the new-ish longslide 41. I feel just about ready to take it into CDP vs the 1911 gang in IDPA. Club level, all in good fun!! Only change so far was sights. It's workin'!

Put cash down on a g19 today. California, can't start my drops till the 26th, one pistol every 30.days.
Fondled a g20 and g21 since I was there.

Choose to get the 19 due to ammo being cheaper for range trips and what not.

It's a sickness I tell ya.

I had a 3rd gen 26 and 3rd gen 19 out, compared them by comfortable feel. The 19 fit my hand perfect and had a great feel.
I liked the compact size of the 26, but that was all I really liked about it.

Funny thing is that in all my years, I never really gave Glock a second look, after getting the g30, and playing with it, I realized that no other pistol comes close in bang for the buck, reliability, simplicity and over all longevity. Now I am hooked.

Cheers, have a great weekend.

Last edited:
Keep us posted.

All my Glocks are Gen 3. Haven't warmed up to the Gen 4 ergos...

Well, with all the crappy weather we have had I finally made it to the range. I shot the new to me Gen 3 G27 with 4 different mag base plates for 100 rounds with Federal Champion 180's. I tried the factory plate, a Pearce pinky plate with checkering, a little shorter Pearce smooth pinky plate, and the Ghost +3 M.E.D plate. I forgot a mag with the Vickers plate or I would have shot that one too. There was no pinching or biting like with the Gen 4. Much better feel overall. I think the longer checkered pinky plate is my favorite, but still want to shoot the Vickers plate.
The little gun is a handful to shoot, but much better than the Gen 4.
The only problem is POA vs. POI. I consistently shoot low left. The group is fist sized, but low left. I tried the thumbs forward grip, but that made me inadvertently activate the slide release, causing at least 3 stoppages. I rotated the pistol around in my hand trying to change where my finger contacted the trigger. No change in POI. I assume at this point I need professional help to fix my shooting. I am happy with the group size, just not the location of the group.
As a side note, I shoot a well centered, fist sized group with my G22. Go figure.

That was/ is the same with mine, when I got to the point when I knew I was doing everything right I hammered the rear sight over....better now still shoots low and I still prefer a handgun that poi is slightly higher than poa

Back