• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Glock

277538_238029589550387_100000300422662_908761_3380543_o.jpg

Dirty...after shooting off 400 rounds of 9mm and 125 12g :)

That's the nice thing about the Gen 4's! Just the push of a retaining pin and you can take off the grip extension for a SF (slim frame -1mm over G17) size grip. Medium frame = stock G17 frame. Large = Competition size grip (+1mm thickness over G17). Honestly, unless you have small hands you wont notice. But my wife can defiantly tell the difference between no extension and the medium extension.

I really enjoy it...noticeable difference in recoil and closer grouping for me vs the Gen 3.

I'm a newby shooter though, so take that FWIW

Vurry nice!

I love my 19. Had it and my 21 out at the range yestetday with my 92 Vertec and Springer Mil-spec. It seems like no matter how much time I spend with my other pitols, I ALWAYS shoot my Glocks better than anything else...

Glock Trigger Polish Job

Also known as the 25 Cent Trigger Job .. has anyone done this? I just did it on my G19 but didn't notice a huge difference .. or any difference. I did use the cheap polish that comes with a Dremeal though so I'm going to pick up some Flitz polish and see if that works any better.

Re: Glock Trigger Polish Job

So I picked up some Mother's Mag & Aluminum Polish since my local Wal-Mart doesn't carry Flitz, or so the guy stocking shelves said. Then again he said they don't sell any metal polish and I found this the next isle over ... soooo. Anyways, polished up everything that needed to be and made a slight adjustment to the action bar and good to go. Lots smoother. Not so much 'lighter', but it is a lot smoother of a pull.

I have done a Sigma and I have over done a Sigma...copy of a Glock by S&W. I wouldnt dream of using any kind of power tool for a trigger jod. Just to easy to take off too much. I also lightend up the striker spring. Try Wolff spirngs. I have a light Glock spring in my Sigma and then I noticed a lighter pull. The polishing made a smoother pull and break.

But... but...

I thought GLOCK already was PERFECTION. ;)

JK. ;)

I think the 25-cent trigger job done correctly makes a slight difference. A #3.5 connector also helps. Below that I think other more drastic tuning gets the trigger "too light" for normal multi-use (plinking/self-defense/target/duty).

If I read your first post correctly you just used the polish that came with the Dremel kit, right?

Yeah, polishing isn't really going to make anything lighter. Just smoother. If you want lighter, you're going to have to start changing springs, and possibly re-working some surface angles, but the latter comes at great risk.

I have done a lot of trigger jobs on AR's, and for any flat surface, I like to use 800/1000 grit wet/dry and a solid surface to lay it on and rub the part back and forth until it's smooth as a babies butt and mirror shiny :lol:

Then I use some pink polishing paste I got from a friend with a dremel soft cloth polishing wheel.

triggerpolishfront.jpg

triggerpolishtop.jpg

Once that is done, heat it up cherry red with a torch and drop it in a glass bowl full of used motor oil to heat harden the part back because if you polish it until it's mirror smooth, you'll probably be getting below the original protective layer.

As with all things in life, follow my instructions at your own risk.

Boy, if there ever was a modern firearm that needed a trigger job, it's a Sigma. Shame, too because they are well made beyond that and are extremely reliable with all sorts of ammunition.

If anyone wants an American made $289 pistol with a Lifetime Warranty and decides to get the trigger worked over, a Sigma can be a very good carry or bedside or truck or range gun.

Seriously!

I Love the way the Sigma feels. The trigger on the Glock is nicer...that is it. The Sigma feels way better in my hand...just a natural pointing gun, but that damn trigger. I helped it a lot but I did take it too far ang got FTF ....it is better now but I wont trust it till I get a few hunderd through it without failure.It is the most accurate 9mm pistol I have ever shot.

I got this while I was home on rotation in January. VG condition Glock 21 Gen 2 in .45 acp. I added a bunch of mags, new Meprolight night sights, Arotek slide release, NY+ 11 lb trigger spring w/ Ghost 3.5 connector (much smoother 8 lb. trigger pull now), Lightning Strike titanium striker and titanium safety plunger, Slug Plug mag funnel, and new rear slide plate that has "Infidel" etched on it. The holster and mag carrier are both ITAC. This pistol will see more time in the woods and the truck than anywhere else so the plastic paddle combo will work just fine.
I have a titanium depressor plunger, extended slide lock/ takedown lever, and a factory 8 lb. trigger spring on the way, but I have to wait a couple months till I get back in the States to install those. I also plan to add an extended mag release and a stainless steel guide rod by then as well.

Glock21withaccessoriesleftside.jpg

I like the flat Gen 2 frames better than the fingergrooved Gen 3's. The grooves do not fit my hand well.
I love to tinker on my weapons, and a Glock seems to be built to tinker on, so I am very pleased with it. This makes my 9th Glock and my second G21 over the years. I had sold all of them and was a recovering Glockaholic till I found this one and fell off the wagon. Oh well, I'm not selling this one! :D

My GLOCK29... Stand back folks. It's a Ten Millimeter!!!!!!

G29_Buck_Hartsook.jpg

G29_front.jpg

And my G34

Glock34andTLR-2.jpg

G34_front.jpg

I guess I nevah thought to get a pic of my G22. I need to get one taken with smoke in the shot and turn on the LaserMax guide rod.

Oli, have you been reading my posts again??????????? :mrgreen:

Awesome. I've had my eye on a G20 or G29 for quite a while. Over the years I've owned a .22, 9mm, .38/357, .40, .44, and a .45. The 10mm for some reason has always eluded me.

I test shot a G34 during a IDPA league a while back and have been wanting one of those ever since as well.

tcecil88, that is one seriously nice G21 package. Now I want one even more worster than ever.

OK, so now you've reminded me that I really need a G21, only a 3rd Gen just for the fact that I've gotten used to the finger grooves.

Thank you for the photo and for screwing wit my haid.......... which I kinda don't appreciate, dude! ;)

Until then, I'll just have to muddle thru life somehow wiff a sorry azz 10mm Ought-Oh, and a longslide nine that approaches .357 magnum power. Oh, and a G22 that I can bash against walls and door openings and fences and whatever, and just not care.

:mrgreen:

Back