• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good deal on LE132/PD132?

Another question, I'm finding LE133 easier. Is there a disadvantage lethality wise going with 8 pellet vs 9 pellet? I may pick up both soon and go pattern them myself, but until then, have any of you guys compared the two next to each other?

The last 250 rounds that I got from SGAmmo was $195, shipped. Right now, they don't have the LE132 in stock and it looks like they're getting low on LE133 (only available in 50 round lots).

I haven't seen a significant difference in the pattern between 133 and 132. Theoretically, the eight-pellet load should have a bit less recoil but I can't actually feel it when I'm shooting it. In terms of lethality, I don't think one pellet in a pattern that's less than 1.5" is going to change things much.

I think I'll wait till they have both in stock and order a 50 round box of each to see what I like. Plus, I still have 70 or so rounds of Win loads to go through first.

Here's a side by side I found on another forum of the two (8- and 9-pellet). Here's the link to the thread if ya'll wanna take a read. http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_1/344692_.html

537124177_FederalPatterns.jpg

Dang, I say do it! It can be difficult finding the LE132 for less than $1 a load at times, and prices have gone up recently do to some scare I think in the political arena. I think its a decent price and would def do it if I had the $200 to spend.

I cant speak of a difference between the 8 or 9 pellet, I've only used the LE132, and those patterns posted above are about what I would expect from the 9 pellet, a little more opened up vs what I observed for my self, but each gun is a little different and still not at all bad given some of those are 25 yard shots!

Go for it!!!

Yea...but if ya look at the targets real close, the 8 pellet buckshot was shot at 15 yards...that's why the pattern is so tight. Plus the wad is also hitting the paper that close...

Back