• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Since I have been in Oklahoma I have not ridden nearly as often or as many miles as I once did. I now have much better weather but different circumstances.

Meanie, I bought my first mc in OK. I was based at Ft. Sill at the artillery school. I bought a Honda 90 for $100 at the pawn shop in Lawton. Had it from late September till I shipped out in Jan. I rode it each day to my office... little less than 2 miles.

upload_2018-11-21_0-24-6.jpeg

On the weekends I'd take it out into the country. I especially liked going up to the top of Mt. Scott.
images
images

Best part about that ride ... that little Honda could beat any Big HD ... going down hill.

Worst experience was riding in the snow in Dec. The wet kind would completely cover my goggles and if I raised them off my face the flakes would sting my eyeballs.

When I left Sill I sold that little sucker for $100. Best $0 I ever spent!

Scoop, I'd say that was a good investment. I wonder what it would be worth today ?

Good morning Mossberg lovers. Clear skies in Tulsa this morning with a temp of 39. The high today is going to be high 50s, then a string of 60+ for about 4 days. That's more like it.

Have a great day and be safe.

Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving all. It's clear in Tulsa and 38 degrees. We are headed for 60+ today. The next three days are going to be in the 60s. Mostly sunshine today and Saturday with rain tomorrow. A nice weekend for sure.

I hope you all have a great day and stay safe.

Good morning MOers. Cloudy skies and 53 this morning in Tulsa. We have a 50% chance of rain today with a high in the mid 60s. Tomorrow should be sunny and 70. Then it gets cooler with highs in the 40s on Sunday.

Yesterday was a nice day. I actually got the Nomad out and took a very short ride, maybe 5 miles.It wasn't far, but did feel good. That old bike has served me well for 13 years now.

I hope you all have a nice day.

Good morning everyone. Today should be the nicest day of the week with a high in the low 70 s. Then it's back to normal for us which still isn't bad.

Probably watch Ohio State-Michigan today, then finish the outside Christmas lights. I got most of them put up yesterday.

Good morning all. The wind is blowing out of the west 15-20 mph under mostly cloudy skies. The temp is in the low 50s but will be dropping all day. Mid 30s by mid afternoon. I'm glad I finished my outside work yesterday.

Mornin fellas.
I had a great birthday weekend. Family and friends and lots of cool presents.
Gunna be cold today...bundle up....

Morning all. Clear skies and 28 this morning. Man I am so glad we don't get blizzards here. I remember those days when I lived up north. We should be in the 40s later today and continue to warm up till we get into the 60s late in the week.

I hope you all have a great day.

Good morning all.

The Thanksgiving dinner went off without problems, in spite of the fact that we were still hanging towel bars and mirrors Thanksgiving morning. The whole family made it over and everyone had a good time.

I have been trying to relax and recover from the remodeling chaos, and have spent the past couple days just tinkering with my aquariums, reading, and avoiding the Web. I still have lots of projects in front of me, but I am pointedly ignoring them.

I need to service my truck and I need to have it inspected this week. I have been putting this off because I don't have to drive much, but it must get done by Friday.

Gov Brown actually said some favorable things about the President in the paper, and the Fresno Bee was much less obnoxious about him. That is not to say they were nice or complimentary to Mr. Trump, but they did acknowledge several of his successes, finally, and promoted his association with gov elect Newsom. I guess California really wants some federal disaster relief after the recent wildfires.

Anyhow, after the truck is tagged for another year, I can start thinking about the motorcycle again.

Good morning all you Mossberg owners and aficionados 28 and partly cloudy this morning with a high temp later right about 50.

I have a doctor appointment this morning. No particular reason, just a checkup, mainly so I would have a regular doctor here in town. Then later this afternoon we have a funeral to attend.

Good morning all you Mossberg owners and aficionados 28 and partly cloudy this morning with a high temp later right about 50.

I have a doctor appointment this morning. No particular reason, just a checkup, mainly so I would have a regular doctor here in town. Then later this afternoon we have a funeral to attend.

Been spending more time than I care to with Doctors here lately.....a necessary evil I rekon!

My condolences!

Good morning guys.
Lovely and sunny at 45F and warming here. No excuse not to get out and work on the truck today.
I have been really avoiding it, and nearly did again today, when my buddy asked me to go shooting.

But today I must bite the bullet.

I need to see the doctor for a checkup too, plus the dentist, and the OD for new eyeglasses.
Clearly I am putting that off as well.

Something about retirement makes procrastination into a sort of sport, and it seems that so far I am "winning."

Still sort of basking in the afterglow of Thanksgiving, and cleaning up the fridge. I made the last of the turkey into leek soup last night, and it was very good. I still have a huge hambone, so today it will be 16-bean soup.

Then the leftovers will be gone, and thus Thanksgiving will be officially over.

But before I nail it's coffin tight, let me express how Enormously Thankful, to both God and Man, that I am.

You see, I have graduated into the landed gentry class, having paid off my home etc. and having provided myself both insurances of the necessary types, and a steady (if not fabulous) income from my investments. OK, I'm not into golf and big parties, and I do like to work on my own things. But my life as a wage-slave has been over for 21 months. If anybody heard me complain about all the labor I've done since that time, please know that it was all self inflicted.

Christmas, here we come . . .

Doctors are the necessary evil to ensure we enjoy the golden years the best we can. I am thankful I have gotten to this phase.

The appt went well, got a flu shot as too.

Thanks Elbert. I guess at this stage of life funerals keep us focused on making the most of every day.

Good morning all you MOers. 35 and mostly sunny today. Each morning is just a little warmer. This trend should continue for the next couple of days, then a chance for rain this weekend.

I hope you all have a great day and be safe.

Back