• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning all. Its long awaited field trip day for me. Headed to my version of Disney World up in Bessemer Alabama. Steyr Arms has theyre Usa headquarters and manufacturing there its the annual open house for 3 days. Il be there today checking out some beautiful Steyr and Merkel guns its awesone if your into that sort of thing. Then beginning tomorrow is the hunting expo in Birmingham. Fun time for grandpa.

Good morning Mossberg owners. I'm driving to Omaha today, will visit my sons and grandkids over the weekend.

Dj, that sounds like a great way to spend a weekend. Enjoy.

Cadd, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family today.

Thanks, Meanie.

We buried my mom this morning. Everything was lovely. Everyone had lunch at an old local restaurant. The food was great. I didn't get ripped off on the bills. The whole family was pleased. It wasn't very hot for July. I am pleased, and the ordeal is past.

Now I just need to take down my flag, which has flown day and night since July 4.

Good morning fellows.

We haven't been shooting in quite a while so I've loaded up the truck and I'm going to take my wife up to the gun club pay my yearly dues and run through some ammo.

I'll be taking the Ruger 10/22, Ruger Mark 3 pistol, the Mossberg 464 lever gun, and two 380 auto pistols. I have about 200 rounds of CF ammo and 400 rounds of .22.

That should keep us busy for a little while but I don't know how the conditions will be because there is a big fire north of us between the shooting range and Yosemite. I expect to see a lot of Ash on everything and some smoke drifting down.

So far they have lost 58 structures in the Detweiler fire and 1,500 people are threatened. It's only about 25% contained by now.

Good morning, Mossies.
images

Good morning folks

Yesterday I moved the last item of my mom's earthly posessions, and this morning I find myself feeling over the grief of death, but I am not over the grief of having my garage clogged full of furniture and clothes, wheelchairs and walkers, and the accoutrements of age and senility.

For some reason it reminds me of an early Asimov novel about society and aging, in the future of humankind on a crowded Earth.

It is the story about an Earth where people my age have chosen not to exist.

Fortunately on this Earth people my age cannot only choose to exist, but choose to skate if they are able.

I think this morning I will choose to do that.

Then I will call all my relatives and find out if they want any of the stuff in my garage. Hopefully they will not fight over this stuff like a bargain sale at Kmart, and it will all disappear in short order.

If it does then I will be able to get to my gun bench hold my motorcycle out of the corner and put a new clutch in it and generally clean up my garage so it's a usable shop instead of a cluttered storage bin.

... I will be able to ... generally clean up my garage so it's a usable shop instead of a cluttered storage bin.
When we had that bunch of stuff in the garage after Mrs. Scoop's mom died I took before-and-after pix. Since the garage was absolutely empty it was interesting, but not that dramatic. The home was sold and I deleted them.

Good Tuesday morning Mossbergers. Hot today with a high of 97 and index in the 105-110 range. Oh well, heat does not have to be shoveled.

Have a great day and stay vigilant.

Good morning folks.

It's a lovely morning here in Clovis but unfortunately I have lots of work to do.

Somehow I thought retirement would be much more restful. Now I'm staring at all those things that I said I would do once I retired and the list is not trivial.

I think I will take the time to work on the Kahr .380 a little bit today, but mostly I have a whole bunch of junk I need to haul out of here and get rid of.

Good morning guys. Well I expended all my efforts on shopping and cleaning up things and never did work on the .380

Today I'm going to work on my truck in spite of the fact that my garage is so full I'm going to have to do it in the driveway.

I have a nice enough driveway. And right now the truck is still in the shade so I better go!

Back