• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning all. Sunny this morning and 59 degrees. Looks like another nice day and the wind has died down.

Not sure what I'll do today, but I will be outdoors for a while. It's just too nice to stay in.

Anyways, ya'll have a great day and be safe.

Good Morning Mossberg Owners.
Pouring rain and no guns or motorcycles for me today.
I skipped most of the Superbowl, watching only the last few boring moments.

Instead we went to the theater to see The Mule with Clint Eastwood. Then I made BBQ ribs and hid indoors from the rain.

I built a small trellis for some Devil's Ivy we're growing as part of a water filtration experiment & I'm re-finishing an oak knife block I built many years ago.

It might appear that our normal January rains may be coming more in February, and it looks to be good news for the farmers, as we only had a couple nights that went below freezing, and then just barely. Global warming could mean better crops here in the SJV.

I'm gonna stay dry today and you all do the same if possible.

That was the lamest game....ever. 13-3!!
That just means, the daytona 500 is in a couple of weeks....

I loved to play football. Can't watch it though. I took up skating and motorsports (street racing you'd call it today, but we didn't) because I wasn't good enough for even HS football. Gave up watching the BIG game too.

Meh, I say. Meh! on the spectacle of glorified thuggery. (And that's just the half-time show! . . . which my wife recorded . . . )

The only good part is the on-the-spot creative problem solving. Good resource management by the coach and QB . . .
But I came to realize that the "resources" were human beings, who would all play (as I did) until the injuries occurred that would stop it.
I had injuries, but they didn't stop me. Other guys were just much better & I got dropped.

It's the same with motorsports. People retire or die from injuries. It's just a sort of mass combat, gladiators in plastic armor vs. rolling metal armor.

But so much more worth it than football. ;)

God Morning.. Chilly... -18 C ( -0.4 F ) and a lot of snow :/

20190205_061905_hd.jpg

Did some practical tests yesterday evening, connected to my exam / getting a pistol license, and passed the last ones. Just the theoretical test left. Three series, one hand, 6 shots in 15 sec each blah blah etc. Cant wait until i get my first one :)

20190204_180420_hd.jpg
20190204_192724_hd.jpg

Good Tuesday morning all. 43 here and foggy. Dang Fellman, that's a lot of snow. It's good to know global warming has not reached you yet. I see you are required to fire one warning shot first, LOL.

G'morning guys. Got up to 71F in the afternoon.
Took the bike out and led my neighbor down to the gun club. Didn't shoot... just checked the clubhouse doors and then wandered home via a detour to Red Clay State Historic Park.

photo9jpg.jpg

Took the bike out and led my neighbor down to the gun club. Didn't shoot... just checked the clubhouse doors and then wandered home via a detour to Red Clay State Historic Park.

photo9jpg.jpg
Very cool, love the history.

Good morning all. Foggy again and 41. Two days ago the weatherman was saying today would be in the high 60s. Now that has been changed to high 40s.

Scoop that sounds like a nice ride and some history thrown in with it. A day like that in early February is a nice surprise.

Have a great day everyone.

A chilly morning here today, with a nice frost. Clear, and it did get below freezing, and some light snow was seen to the north of us . . . about 500 ft higher elevation.

But it's not bad enough to keep my wife from walking the dog.

I may finally get out and work on my truck today, as the rain seems to have vanished for a bit. When I recall my youth, lying under cars on cardboard, on the ice, it all seems much easier now.

I once crawled under Moms '63 Monterey to retrieve a lugnut, and it was on a bumper jack. On the ice. Fortunately I was on my back as I came out, because the jack slipped and the car came down on me. It wasn't sudden. I saw it coming.

I had both elbows on the ice and both palms under the frame, right under the back seat (and not under that cast iron 390!) Thank God the gas tank wasn't full!

I held that car up about 5 seconds, then shoved myself out hard on the ice, as I let it drop.

It's memories like that which keep me out of the snow. ;)

Have a nice day folks.

photo9jpg.jpg

To describe your morning, i tried to translate the Swedish word "idyll" but google translate says its the same word ?
an extremely happy, peaceful, or picturesque episode or scene, typically an idealized or unsustainable one.

Good morning all. It was foggy all day yesterday, then thunderstorms last night. This morning it 33 and cloudy, The temps go down all day. Winter has already stayed longer than it is welcomed here.

Not much going on today, maybe a good day to stay inside.

Whatever you do have a great day and be vigilant.

Hey guys. Running around today trying to take care of business and keep my fish alive.
It's been cold and a bit windy, but nothing like the midwest.
I am hoping to get out shooting Saturday if the wind dies off.

I have a big mess to clean up on my patio, from cardboard boxes that got soaked with rain.
I got caught short when this last storm hit.

I'm just too used to nice weather.

Good morning everyone. Clear skies this morning and 17 degrees. Lucky for us the wind is less than 5 mph and the windchill is only 10. We've had about enough of this for one winter, LOL.

We have a prepper show in town this weekend. I'm thinking I might go have a look see. I haven't been to one in a few years. Never know what ya might come across, and it's good to get out of the house.

Anyways, you all have a great day and stay safe.

Good morning y'all, so after spending alot of time sweating shirtless outdoors work yesterday cause we hit 80, ummm yea woke to 39, lil nip in the air ??????? Its like husband and wife thermostat battle !!
@meanstreak a prepper show sounds fun, theres a big prepper store about 40 miles away havent been in maybe 5 years, may go have a look again myself.
Yall,have a great weekend stay smart. Dont forget beeno and buttplugs for your cattle :crazy:

Good Morning Mossberg Owners.
Predicted rain today and tomorrow. Down to 34F at night, but little wind so far....

The Devil's Ivy is growing well. The Marble Queen variety, not as well.

I finally got all the old finish of my oak knife block, after about 4 hours of scraping and sanding. I need to fine sand and stain it, then sand again. This time I will just rub it out with hot oil.

It has been cold enough that I haven't worked out doors much, but I did BBQ a lovely tri-tip.

Do folks cook tri-tip back east?
Our local DJ refers to it as "Fresno's shame".

Good Morning Mossberg world.
I'm just cloud 9, this a.m. the better half is off this weekend so just us enjoying some down time. She needs it. I'm thankful for the day the Lord giving us and a partner was blessed to,get a second chance with.
Y'all have a really great weekend look for those blessings, you have a roof , warmth , food , clean water congratulations you are richer than most of the world.

Good morning all. Clear and 24, -4 for fellman. It is a beautiful morning for sure.

Ya know DJ, it's unfortunate that so many politicians spend so much time telling people how bad they have it. They should be telling folks how fortunate they are to live in a country that allows freedom and liberty and the opportunity to make life the best they can. We truly are blessed to be here.

Have a great day and be safe.

Back