• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning again . . . I think. What day is it?

It's like the twilight zone here.

My son-in-law was to call me after 8 last night, and I dozed off in my office chair after too much dinner, waiting. I recall waking up 3 times, and seeing dimly that it was not 8pm yet, I dozed again. I woke up and went to bed eventually about 10:30, by my wife's report.

I was up at 1am eating Rolaids, but at 2 I was asleep again.

Then my water alarm went off with an electronic bleating that tortures the eardrum. There's a drip line from one tank which blew off, and put a bit of water on the floor before I fixed it. At 2:30 I hung up the wet towels & was reading here and waiting for the water to dry up a bit more.

I got up at 8:30, but not sure what time I went back to bed.

Not sure of a lot right now.

That clock in my office?

It still says 7:55.

Groundhog Day.

Well good evening Mossberg owners.

I got up early and went to the shooting range today because we had an actual warm sunny day in between the rains. It was a little Breezy but I had lots of fun.

My garage is a disaster right now and it was a real struggle to get to my guns and ammo so I've been trying to sort things so I can clean my guns and get the reloading stuff down.

I shot up all of my .308 ammo so now I have lots of brass.

I'll post some sort of a range report later after I sort out my targets.

Good morning fellas. 17 and sunny here. We might make 40 before the day is over.

Cadd, I need to get out and do some shooting myself. It's been a couple of months. Did you shoot that new precision rifle ? If so that must have been a hoot.

You all have a great day and stay vigilant.

Good morning Mossberg owners. It's another rainy morning here.

I never wrote a range report yesterday because I conked out after the garage cleaning, and then stayed up until 1am cleaning guns. It's amazing how I can clean for guns and come up with a whole garbage can full of patches and bits.

@meanstreak yes I did shoot the Ruger precision rifle and it was a lot of fun. This was only my second time out and so I spent a lot of time trying to get the stock adjusted so I liked it.

But my buddy Bobby was the only one to score a bull's-eye at 220 yards. I was making a pretty large group at that range because of the Gusty wind.

It has been windy both times I've taken this rifle out so I really don't have a good idea of what it will do in still air.

And it doesn't look like there will be any today, so I'm going to stay in the garage and play with my tropical fish. You folks stay dry if you can, and keep your rifles clean. ;)

Good morning everyone. Clear skies and 22 this morning. We'll be near 50 this afternoon. It's time for things to start warming up and staying that way. Of course that means we will be entering tornado season in this part of the world. It's our 5th season ya know.

Have a great day.

Good morning everyone. Clear skies and 22 this morning. We'll be near 50 this afternoon. It's time for things to start warming up and staying that way. Of course that means we will be entering tornado season in this part of the world. It's our 5th season ya know.

Have a great day.

OK, not sure what happened here.

Hey guys. I got out of the house today and picked up four tubs of red worms, a new fishing license, some new .45-70 brass, and a box of Barnes 180 grain .308 TSX projectiles.

I'm not quite ready to start reloading yet and it's not quite fishing weather yet, but I believe in being prepared if it's not too much effort. ;)

@meanstreak
I can't believe that we actually had a tornado in Fresno this year because this has never happened in 45 years.

Total damage was listed as one destroyed chicken coop and several frightened head of livestock.

So while you guys in Oklahoma wouldn't actually have called it a real tornado, it was black and it spun around, and chickens actually flew over 55mph.

Mornin fellas. it's a nice brisk 5°, supposed to get up to 29°....stay warm fellas......

Good morning fellas. We have a high thin overcast this morning and 42 degrees. This afternoon mid 50s.

Cadd, Fishing and shooting are just around the corner here as well, as are the tornadoes. I'm glad it didn't hurt anyone or do more damage. Those things can really make a mess.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Good Morning Mossberg Owners.

The weather has dried up, 50F and promises to be a lovely 60F today.

We had a high wind warning, but not much happened. I put the trash out and it is still there this AM.
I had a pretty relaxing day yesterday, then at bedtime I turned off the aquarium lights and discovered a dead catfish.
No clue why, but cichlids are mean on random occasions. Some are always mean.

The truth is they like their space, and we crowd them to control aggression.
It works, but I think it fosters a neurosis that is less evident in fish than when the same crowding happens to humans.

I have been in some fairly crowded places. I can't say I ever enjoyed them. I'm no woodsman but I was mainly brought up on the edge of town, because that's where the airfields were.

"Going into town" was always an event.

Going home was always a relief. ;)

Cadd, I'm the same way. I went to Sturgis once, and Bikes, Blues, and bar b q once, that is in Arkansas. Both times I went home and vowed never to return. Just too many people for me. Hell, I don't even like concerts when I can stay home and listen to the music.

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Good Morning guys.

We were supposed to have big thunderstorms, but they fizzled.
It's been snowing in the mountains, though it's clear now.

People are mowing my lawn, and they are not me. Yippie!
I am not much of a gardener. My wife does it, and I hire outside workers to do my share, but I am growing a lot of ivy indoors.

I built my first experimental grow tank with ivy last year and now I have it growing on 4 of my 9 tanks.
Fertilization is no problem. The fish fertilize the ivy and the ivy removes some of the toxins from the tank water.
Nitrogen and phosphorus compounds come from breakdown of fish wastes, as from any livestock.

That removal of toxins is the main goal, & Pothos (devil's ivy) is advised ; so I am growing both Standard and Marble Queen Pothos.

Good morning all. About 3AM I was awakened by lightning and thunder and rain. Lots of rain. It last maybe 20-30 minutes they it was gone. This morning the temp at 7AM was 62 degrees and now we have blue skies and a lot of wind. Seems like maybe 30 mph. The high later will be high 60s.

I hope yous have a great day.

'Morning Meanie. . .
I won't be needing donations of Oklahoma rain this year.
Today is nice and sunny, but the rain starts again tonight.

Cadd, it blew through so fast we only got about a half inch where I live. We got some pea size hail as well.

Back